Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on where to buy new leaf springs? I have 170k on mine and they are super saggy with any weight in the rear at all. Front are normal. I have a Z85 2wd with tow package

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i did a quick search for "replacement leaf springs" and was surprised that the websites only show 2004-2008 years, not sure why, more research is needed .... the OEM part number should be stenciled somewhere as a reference. I swapped out mine on my 2012 w/3.7L with OEM (not recommended) and they only lasted about 10k miles before the "w" shape came back. coincidentally it the same # on my 2012 w/2.9L ...

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems general spring sells some and dorman but only for single cab. Go figure.

Anyone have experiences with quality replacements?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Don't know what year truck you have, but Rockauto has them for my '04. Pretty pricey though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have an 09. Found a site, gmpartsgiant.com. Has the oem parts for 200 shipped. Can’t beat that anywhere. Rock auto was crazy expensive and then had another that wasn’t compatible. Thanks for your input. Appreciated

·
Registered
194 Posts
I also used general spring kc. My truck is a 4x4 z85 which had 138k miles with a severe W-bend to the leaf springs before replacement. After the new springs were installed, the rear end gained nearly 2", sitting right at 22" from center of the wheel to the fender lip.

·
Registered
04 4x4 3.5L
3 Posts
Which springs did you guys get from general spring? The oem replacement or the HD? How do they ride?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the actual OEM springs from GMC, they were way cheaper and I had no need for a more heavy duty springs as I have sumo springs installed for that exact purpose.

Happy with the replacement as I was looking to restore original ride rather than upgrade.

When I spoke with general spring I was told the HD springs they sell will raise the end up about 2". But I would call them with any questions, they were very down to earth and helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts