Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I bought a 2009 GMC Canyon 2WD, extended cab, 5.3 V8 a year ago. I love the truck but had intermittent starting issues (had to wait 10 mins. due to security problem). I installed the Newrockies module and all is good with the truck now.

Does anyone know how many 2009 Colorados or Canyons were made with 2 WD, extended cab and the 5.3 engine? I have never seen one before or after I bought this one.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Welcome to the party.

There isn't a ton of them out there........I don't think the actual numbers are known at this time

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
Howdy.
:emoticonwithoutpics:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit:
is it a ZQ8 model ot a Z85 or a Z71? Just curious.

It is a Z85 model. Only 62 were made exactly like mine and only 128 were made with the 5.3. Interesting. Guess that is why I have not seen any others around.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I'm thinking that a 2009, 5.3, Z85, Extended Cab is a bit unusual. Just curious, do you have torsion bar or coil front suspension?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome to the forums from South Carolina!!!!

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
It is a Z85 model. Only 62 were made exactly like mine and only 128 were made with the 5.3. Interesting. Guess that is why I have not seen any others around.[/QUOTE]

So in the Houston area, there is a '12 5.3L zq8, '09 5.3L z71, and now an '09 5.3L z85. We need to get together and do a shoot.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is still stock and mundane compared to all the ones I see here. It has the 3.42 axle but I wish I had the 3.73. Wonder if it can be changed out easily.

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
Mine is still stock and mundane compared to all the ones I see here. It has the 3.42 axle but I wish I had the 3.73. Wonder if it can be changed out easily.
I'm gonna hopefully have a z85 3:73 open diff axle available in the next month. It needs axle bearings and seals and brake shoes but price reflects that. Pm if interested.

Every truck on here was stock at one time I think there all good looking stock to crazy modded

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
I'm gonna hopefully have a z85 3:73 open diff axle available in the next month. It needs axle bearings and seals and brake shoes but price reflects that. Pm if interested.

Every truck on here was stock at one time I think there all good looking stock to crazy modded

(Edit) forgot to say welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I running stock drive train until warranty lapses. Probably 2 more years.... got a list of parts though. Lol. I'm not buying anytbing that won't transfer to a LS3/L99. The more and more I think about it, I would rather go the displacement route for "more" reliable added power vs. adding pressure to the 5.3l considering I drive it 30K miles a year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome fellow 09' V8. We are few and must stick together haha. This place should hold any answer regarding your truck :salute:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts