Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day enthusiasts!

I'm considering a 2010 Canyon crewcab 4x4 with the I5 to replace my Grand Vitara 2008, and I've been poking around the webz doing some research on reliability. I discovered many posts about the electrical gremlins, apparently the most maddening of which is the drivers window, door lock malfunction with the BCM, low voltage glitch(paraphrasing for brevity), I know this isn't endemic to all 355s but I am curious to the scale of the issue. Does anyone know how common these problems are?

I owned a 99 S10 LS 4x4 4.3l which had an irritating immobilizer glitch, and a fuel pump failure, but otherwise I loved that little bastard.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Kirk:th_woot:

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the site!! :welcome:

My good friend, SpindlyJim, lives in Stony Plain, just outside of Edmonton.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!
Also check Canada355.ca - that's where a lot of local info is.

The electrical problems seem to be hit and miss - I've never had 'em, most of the people I've met haven't either.

·
Members Technical Staff
2,498 Posts
I don't think they are as widespread as the forums make them to be. A lot of people have come here looking for help with issues which explains why there are a lot of complaints. On the other hand, I've owned 2x 355s and the only electrical issues I've had have more or less been self-induced. So that's a 0% probability if you were to look at my subset....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome good sirs.

I'm confident that I'll be giving the Canyon an aggressive inspection before adding it to the stable. Forums like this are awesome for blowing salesmen's minds. I appreciate the responses, and look foreword to mining this place for knowledge.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the Nation!
Also check Canada355.ca - that's where a lot of local info is.

The electrical problems seem to be hit and miss - I've never had 'em, most of the people I've met haven't either.
I was poking around in the Canuck forum too. I'll dig farther.

Thanks neighbourish. :cool:

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts