Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined after lurking here for a little awhile. So much to read and learn. Just inherited my grandfathers 2005 2wd LS crew cab with 72k miles. It's stock as it can be but looking to change that soon. He's been rolling around on 4 different tires, loading it up with old lawnmowers to fix, and trying to bump into as many things as possible :) Looking to make it my haul around truck with some light pasture driving now and then. As a result I want to give it a light makeover to beef it up just a bit - more for aesthetics than anything. Not trying to pretend to be an off-roader here. Was thinking about an s-maxx leveling kit, some new wheels and tires maybe in the 31 inch range, and some fender flares for the corresponding coverage. I'm really new to this so would appreciate any recommendations and things to look out for. Trying to achieve that balance between something that looks good, still drives well, and is not too in your face. Not that I don't appreciate that style.

Really dig everyone's pictures and creativity. Some really great looking trucks on here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
nice what part of texas u from

how manny mile on the truck ?
getting 31-10.50 will rub some what but is ok just no lock to lock find a rear end with a locker will make any off road so much better smaxx lift is great and h3 are cheap and bolt on

cai ptb supper sparks e fan header and exhaust with super servos and trans cooler with tune and call it a day or v8 swap lol cant go wrong there

we texas guys and girl are a big group dallas group meet monthly and so does are houston group and every year we have a state meet so plan to go to one and meet every one

oh ya goin the tx355 and add ur info to the texas list

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow - Thanks for all the feedback Olds! Truck has 72k miles on it. Thanks for the invite to the meeting. I am up close to Denton but once I get this thing a little more presentable I can come out and say hello at one of the meets.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
:welcome2:

dang Tim, dont try to scare him off....J/K

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Wow - Thanks for all the feedback Olds! Truck has 72k miles on it. Thanks for the invite to the meeting. I am up close to Denton but once I get this thing a little more presentable I can come out and say hello at one of the meets.
cool one thing also is to add a spin on trans filter best to do it if when u add a cooler and the dallas group is great but u got to plan a trip and meet us houston guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Phase 1 is complete. Looks a little more presentable 2 weeks later. Added the Ready Lift 2.5 / 1.5 combo, Pro Tec 7089s, BFG 245/75/16s, and the flares. Nothing crazy but just a little more rugged looking than stock. Had to pump some cash into the AC that I wasn't expecting so I have to "cool it" for a little while on the spending. This should tide me over for awhile though. A little less Grandpa now :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts