Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Canada, I'm the recently new owner of a white 2005 GMC Canyon (z85 i believe).

everything is basic, except cruise control and A/C.

it's a 5 speed manual, extended cab.

owned it for 2 weeks now and so far I like it. Mods so far are a straight pipe, Kenwood DVD deck, 2 kicker subs, changed some interior light bulbs to blue/purple, and thats about it. The straight pipe is horrendously loud in the cab, its dumped off the flange just past the last cat. I'm working on a pipe that will exit out the side in front of the rear tir (maybe both if i feel like building a y-pipe), and hopefully that will reduce most of the drone. I also think it might be giving me a code (it came on about a week and a day after i straight piped it. I need to get a code reader on that)

Future mods:

-Headlights: I've ordered up some HID bulbs, 6000k, but some new housings will probably be on the way.

-Suspension: I'm thinking about the DJM 2"/3" drop.

-Wheels & tires: as of right now i like the Boss 330 20x8.5" wheels, but that will probably change before i buy anything.

-Fog lights: I want to retrofit some OEM fog lights into the truck, my truck just has the plastic covers where the OEM fog lights usually are. If there is a write-up on that that someone is willing to point me towards that would be awesome.

Thank you! look forward to forum-ing with al of you :p

Here's the only pic of my truck i have atm.

Attachments

· Registered
14,685 Posts
Howdy & welcome!! :welcome:

Always wondered how lowering worked with all the snow up there....... Maybe y'alls roadcrews do a lot better job than they do here...

· Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
:salute:
Welcome to the 355Nation!

Please take a minute to review the site rules.

Also, check out the New Members Handbook. This will give you an idea as to what this site has to offer you as far as information goes for your Colorado/Canyon. It also will answer a few questions that are commonly asked on this site.

If you have more questions about utilizing the board, hit up Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum - FAQ: Board FAQ. If that doesn't answer the question, then hit up a moderator.

· Premium Member
927 Posts
:welcome2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.