Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

New member from Utah

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  RickD 
#1 ·
Hey im sorta new here, Ive been gettin help on this site for about 2 years now and decided to join.
Ive got an 06 colorado, my goal with the truck is to turn it into a go anywhere little monster, Ive fabbed up front and rear offroad bumpers, and done a few other mods, im looking to do an sas and am wondering which axles everyones had the best luck with, Id like to keep the stock tcase and transmission and same wheel lug pattern would be nice but not nesacarry, onelow1ton told me landcruiser axles fit pretty well?
what little mods can i do now before the SAS to improve offroad capability, ive read the thread on quick link disconnects, how much more travel does disconnecting your sway bars give you?
any other little things i should know to do for offroading? im just entering the 4x4 world haha.
before I do the sas i figure i could do a limited slip in the back, if its a limited slip, does it still make snow driveing crap? id love a selectable but those are $$$.mI just need to make sure im still good on ice/snow I live in Utah.
anyway you guys have all helped me out so much so far sorry if I just asked wayyy to many questions. -Jake

#13 ·
so here are a couple recent pics of the truck, I recently welded up a offroad front a rear tube bumper its ridin on 32" wrangler tires, its 4wd and ive been havin a lot of fun doing some light offroading, just wonderin what else I could do before the SAS to improve its offroading capabilities, what comes in the Z71 offroad package that isnt on my basic 4wd model?

Attachments

#20 ·
:welcome2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.