Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking for quite sometime. Figured I should introduce myself. Been a member of PT.net since '07 and have had a few fairly quick vehicles including a turbo'd Silverado 5.3 that ran 7.64 @Kennedale on stock 20s (4wd) with only 8.5 lbs boost. Just picked up an '08 Rc Colorado last week with 3.7 and 4l60, G80 and 3.73s. Kind of wondering if the previous owner may be a member bc it has a K&N and Flowmaster and feels pretty strong. It was the burnt orange truck at Young Chevrolet with low miles. If anyone knows anything about it I'd love some history. Gonna do a few mods maybe even turbo but probably not a swap because I love the gas mileage. Thanks guys! Ted

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Welcome. The V8 mileage isn't that bad. Im at an average of 17.85 mpg across my last 60 tanks worth of fill ups. I haven't owned my truck long. Just 7 months. Some have been getting better mileage after a tune. I'm still under GM 100k mile Powertrain warranty, so I haven't gone that route yet. I have seen up to 22mpg on a tuned 5.3l Colorado. Dont fear the swap. Lol

I haven't been to Kennedale since the late 90s. Miss that place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. The V8 mileage isn't that bad. Im at an average of 17.85 mpg across my last 60 tanks worth of fill ups. I haven't owned my truck long. Just 7 months. Some have been getting better mileage after a tune. I'm still under GM 100k mile Powertrain warranty, so I haven't gone that route yet. I have seen up to 22mpg on a tuned 5.3l Colorado. Dont fear the swap. Lol

I haven't been to Kennedale since the late 90s. Miss that place.
That's impressive, may need to reconsider in the future! Had to do something, my 2500 6.0 averages 11.5 :( Thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Howdy & welcome!! :welcome:

Be on the look-out for a 'bruised atomic yellow banana' while out on the streets down there.....

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
:welcome2:

yeah go hit up the DFW cats they are good folk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow thanks for the invitation. I'll see what the wife is up to. Maybe she'll be busy with yard work or shopping or something lol. I took a pic today. Forget how to resize it though so it won't upload. Got my Backflip F1, Popnlock and billet grill on today. Settling in to the little truck and I love it.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
:welcome2:

yeah go hit up the DFW cats they are good folk

Yep, it's a great group!

Aaron, I think you just did a TRIPLE entendre..............(Kat, cats, and Mike's cats :lol:)

·
Camo Princess
6,198 Posts
Well we are having the fixer upper mod meet. Bring the wife. I could use another lady to talk to. Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts