Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Boys! I'm currently a new owner of a 2005 GMC Canyon SLE 2WD Extended Cab (Bought it 2 months ago) with 207,000 KM's on it and still going strong. Sold my 2014 Mazda 3 in middle January and bought my 355, nicknamed by some as 'Reaper' for $3300 with 198,995 KM's on it. Mechanically, it was mint. Cosmetically, not so much. One issue after the next. When I bought it, as I was driving home, the drivers side automatic window wouldn't go up. I figured it to be a bad motor or regulator.... nope. Tear in the wiring on the connector to the motor. Few days later, pouring rain, I was sitting inside and looked behind me to notice my headliner and rear seats were SOAKED. Of course, the 3rd brake light, sealed up everything with some silicone, been good ever since. Fuel door spring was dead and the thing was rusted, wouldn't stay closed, held on with aluminum tape. Tailgate rusted out near the 'CANYON' badge, rocker panels rusted out pretty bad but were patched up, also improperly with some spray expanding foam and slapped on top was some more aluminum tape! Arm rest latch was broken, speakers on the driver side were blown, bright purple Saints Row style rims... and the list goes on. Hopefully I can show you guys along my modification journey. The pictures included are basically how it looked when I first bought it! (Look at all that silver tape, damn!) Thanks for taking the time to read and I'm glad to be here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, Boys! I'm currently a new owner of a 2005 GMC Canyon SLE 2WD Extended Cab (Bought it 2 months ago) with 207,000 KM's on it and still going strong. Sold my 2014 Mazda 3 in middle January and bought my 355, nicknamed by some as 'Reaper' for $3300 with 198,995 KM's on it. Mechanically, it was mint. Cosmetically, not so much. One issue after the next. When I bought it, as I was driving home, the drivers side automatic window wouldn't go up. I figured it to be a bad motor or regulator.... nope. Tear in the wiring on the connector to the motor. Few days later, pouring rain, I was sitting inside and looked behind me to notice my headliner and rear seats were SOAKED. Of course, the 3rd brake light, sealed up everything with some silicone, been good ever since. Fuel door spring was dead and the thing was rusted, wouldn't stay closed, held on with aluminum tape. Tailgate rusted out near the 'CANYON' badge, rocker panels rusted out pretty bad but were patched up, also improperly with some spray expanding foam and slapped on top was some more aluminum tape! Arm rest latch was broken, speakers on the driver side were blown, bright purple Saints Row style rims... and the list goes on. Hopefully I can show you guys along my modification journey. The pictures included are basically how it looked when I first bought it! (Look at all that silver tape, damn!) Thanks for taking the time to read and I'm glad to be here!
View attachment 340561 View attachment 340562 View attachment 340563
Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts