Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one and happy new year, thank for all your help ,
i am having problems with my 2005 trailblazer 4.2 i recently have noticed that through the vent hose from the valve cover to the intake is blowin air and oil and has accumulated inside the trottle body and is clearly not good ,,has anyone had that same problem with this , for some reason alot of people said it was the pcv valve ,:)but it doesnt have one ,, i think the vent hose in top should suck in fresh air instead of blowin air ,,,,,,can anyone help

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It's exactly like our motors, just a bit longer. The 3.5 is a 4.2 with one cylinder cut off.
On top of the valve cover there are 2 ports where hoses hook up. Down inside they have tiny little holes that do the work of a PCV valve. Occasionally, they get clogged up and need to be cleanied out. It's my understanding that a 2 or 3 mm drill bit is the correct size for sticking down in there and twisting a few times to get the gunk out. Follow that up with some compressed air, if you have a compressor an some swear by spraying some seafoam in there occasionally to keep it cleaned. Also, check out the short formed hose that goes from the valve cover to the breather resonator to make sure it's not all clogged up.
Let us know what you find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts