Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was leaving a friends place and all of a sudden my exhaust got really loud

Got home and figuring hopefully its just the muffler came disconnected from the cat pipe and sure enough yup I look other the truck and I see the muffler hanging there so now. Hopefully I can fix it before I leave for Cali and looks like the clamp is still there

fucker is loud too

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
o damn.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
well thats shitty.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x100 wtf man... clamps holding on a muffler... friggen ricer. :lol: You know theres is like hot exhaust gases traveling through there constantly? ;)
Magnaflow gives you clamps for their kit

I've had this on for over a year

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just have to make sure to really torque down on it when I fix it but time to go to a GTO meet now

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well didnt get it fixed today and I'm leaving for 2 weeks so truck will have to sit but I did set the muffler back on on the ext pipe for now to relive the stress from the rubber mount

the nut on the clamp bolt wont budge even after soaking it in PB blaster maybe I can get it with an impact gun next time or I can try to order a new clamp from magnaflow

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Why are you wasting your time with clamps and crap???

Have it welded. Wont cost you more than $50 and you're set (if they weld it well).
x2

You don't want that shit coming loose when a cop rolls by. Fucker will be stoked to write you up for a ton of shit lol

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why are you wasting your time with clamps and crap???

Have it welded. Wont cost you more than $50 and you're set (if they weld it well).
ideally flanges would be better for welding on but I prefer having the option if I need to, to pull the exhaust apart

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If it's just a band clamp you shouldn't need to order a new one from Magnaflow, just call around to a couple exaust shops. One of them should have some in stock. Make sure you actually get it tight this time around though, Alice. :kiki2:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
impact that shit back on there!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well.....

MAGNAFLOW ROCKS!!!!!!!

I called them up and they are going to send me a new clamp for free :)

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just dump it down from there sounds better....
ummm the muffler came off the cat pipe so I still need to get the muffler back on or else its a bit loud

1 - 20 of 24 Posts