Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for all the guys wondering how the trucks comin along here it is. The truck is not completely shaved!! let me know what you think.
IMG_0541jh.JPG

IMG_0543hj.JPG

IMG_0547hf.JPG

IMG_0557j,g.JPG

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look a lot better in person and when the trucks painted it should look better then the yellow primer

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on r trucks its a bitch cus the outer is a lot higher then the inner part of the roof then owards the back it gets a lot higher. If i had to do it again id skin the whole roof to have a completly smooth roof

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah go out and check yours out. It took longer to do the roof including my 3rd brakelight then it did to put the tailgate skin on

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
HOLY SHIT!

I see what your talkin about now. At least it starts off level at the front. haha

Did you weld a strip in there or just fill it in?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its fully welded. And yeah it sucked! Had to take my interior out and everything so nothing on the inside caught fire. it SUCKED.But worth it cus it looks sick!!!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Hellz yea mang! I forgot that our lines go all the way to the front like that. Makes me appriciate the amount of effort you put in that much more! My bro's roof lines only went from the top corner of his door to the back window so it was cake to just weld in a little strip and finish it off.

Was there much warpage going on since it's a pretty big flat surface?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
actually since its right at the edge the roof is pretty thick. on the door side of it. But the center is pretty thin so it wasnt too bad just took time and patience

1 - 20 of 26 Posts