Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought to you by Automotive Specialty Systems LLC

Disclaimer
The 355nation.net staff has granted the following member limited site vendorship.
The member has agreed to the follow site guide lines, since no contributions are given to the site, they will be considered a second rate vendor.
If a site sponsor is selling the same or similar product they will no longer be allowed to sell their items. These terms are unconditional and at the discretion of 355nation.net staff.
For further information and terms please see "Limited vendorship application and agreement".
The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any sale, product damage or other shipping problems.
The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

New from Pioneer!

New App Radio from Pioneer for all those Iphone Lovers out there. Runs iOS style interface right from your headunit, allowing you to take advantage of all your apps such as GPS, Ipod, XM Radio, Pandora etc. Couple that functionality withs its exceptional clean looks and this proves to be a real winner.

- Control compatible apps from the convenience of the industry's first capacitive, multi-touch display
- Designed to grow with iOS and an expanding library of compatible apps
- Compatible with iPhone® 4 and iPod Touch® 4th Gen

- Screen: 6.1" WVGA
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Touch Panel Type: Capacitive
- Multi-Touch Operation
- Picture Adjustment: Yes

Radio
- Presets24 Stations/6 Presets (18 FM/6 AM)
- BSM (Best Station Memory): Yes
- Local Seek Tuning: Yes
- RDS: Yes

iPod
- Direct Control for iPhone® 4/iPod® Touch 4th Gen30-Pin Cable Included
- iPhone® 4/iPod® Touch 4th Gen Charging: Yes
- Link Search for iPod®: Yes
- App Mode: Yes
- iTunes® Genius Playlists: Yes

Phone
- Built-In Bluetooth® for Hands-Free Calling: Yes
- Phone Book Access: Yes
- Dial Pad: Yes
- Microphone: Included

Audio
- Built-In AmplifierMOSFET 50W x 4
- EEQ (Easy EQ) Preset Equalizer: Yes
- Equalizer12-Band Graphic
- RCA Preouts1 (2V)
- Subwoofer Control: Yes

General
- GPS Antenna for Improved Positioning Accuracy Included
- Rear-View Camera Input: Yes
- Volume ControlPush-Button
- Wired Remote Input: Yes
- Customizable Steering Wheel Controls: Yes
- Memory Card Slotmicro SD for Firmware Upgrade ONLY

Pricing

If I can get a group buy of 10 or more units: Only $380
Otherwise individual pricing: $400
(+ any Applicable Sales Tax + Shipping)

Time window for the group buy will be until Saturday the 17th.

Any questions just shoot me a PM! I will keep a list in this thread of people signing up to get one!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I was going to buy one... until i found out you CAN'T use any other ipods with it besides the 4th gen ipod touch which is retarded because my ipod classic has 10,000 songs on it. also it doesn't have a CD drive.... They should of exacuted this device a lot better... played with one at best buy and its really laggy as well. just an FYI

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a fair number of devices that lack an optical drive now. It has some benefits, such as allowing the unit to run cooler and the manufacturer can fit more goodies under the hood. This device is definitely designed with the Iphone/Ipad in mind moreso than the Ipod line of devices...

Like any transitional period it will be rough at first but I will bet in a couple years CD's will have gone the way of the Casette.

As far as its lagginess, having worked at a BBY, those radios are on 24/7, a level of demand that they just are not designed to endure. We used to have an Alpine on display that was a fantastic unit, never an issue with an installed one, but the display would malfunction on the regular.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't use CDs now but it would come in handy since all the cell phone companies are getting rid of unlimited data which using this to stream from rdio/pandora/inrix/motionx can really use up your data... i have unlimited data on my iphone 4 but even though i have it, it says once i go so far they slow the speed down of the internet..

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Im not upgrading my phone any time soon just to get a new radio. Besides it has all the same features except for the processor and screen and flash and forward cam LOL... But seriously they will release another new iphone before I go to the four. Just like the 3 then the 3g then 3gs. The 4 as bugs I bet the next one is a 4g and then so on and so on... They are going to make their money first before they really change any tooling for a 5.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kenwood 9980 is one of their excelon units and is only available from direct dealers. Be careful buying it gray market as Kenwood will not honor the warranty on it if it was not purchased from an authorized Excelon dealer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed an AppRadio in an 08 Accord over the weekend, very clean looking and very smooth operation. Was able to play video sources through the unit with no issues, sound quality was good as well.

The app interface was also flawless, booted and ran maps from the Iphone with no issues. Unit comes with built in bluetooth and a GPS antenna to help out the Iphones little built in antenna.

Here are some pictures, apologies for the bluriness, camerphone pictures.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea android support is tough. When I was at SEMA the biggest issue for the manufacturers is that the lack of standardization across the android platforms prevents them from designing an all encompassing interface. There are some rumors about things in the works but nothing confirmed.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
What kind of pre-out voltage does this radio have? I currently have the f90bt because of the hi-volt output. It also has nav, and I can use my 3gs to play pandora and netflix. I guess you will have to come up with a reason for me to buy this.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Here those radio's are fugging high dollar! I could have sworn it was like $460 or so at best buy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It isnt for someone with an F90 already, although an upgrade to a Z130 may be in order, better interface and significantly less buggy.

This radio is a low cost alternative to a unit with integrated nav by taking advantage of the Iphones ability to handle the processing for such tasks. Figure a comparable Nav in the form of the x930 is almost $700

I think pre-out voltage is 2 volts but I will need to double check that. It only has a single set of preouts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.