Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my friend went to change the rotors on my truck 2006 colorado ect cab 4wd Z85. The rotors rub the calipers or the pads he says? So he drove around and it seemed all the parts places had the same size rotors. Just said they seems too thick and when compared to the ones that were on there they are higher/thicker laid beside each other? Anyone come across this or am i just messed up? thank you in advance

Truck is back in my driveway as he took the old pads from the other side and put them on the driver side(original issue) and because they are worn down they fit. He put a set of new pads on the passenger side and because still had old rotors on they fit. weird....

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are supposed to rub. No mechanism in place to pull them back after braking. Lift the front end up and see if you can spin the front wheel by hand. It should not be difficult. If it is then you have issues, if not you're good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the comparison.

Attachments

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Yup, looks normal to me. Just drive it, it'll be fine...they might drag a little at first, but they'll quickly bed in and be fine. As long as you ordered the right part numbers, I'm not seeing any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts