Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get rid of my bench seat ASAP, I know of some people using other seats out of other cars and some going the aftermarket route. I need to switch mine out soon (I don't know why they would even put a bench seat in a manual tranny truck, not to mention with out an armrest! :mav:)

I know some people have gone the H3 way (dealer $1150/seat)
Some have bought OE buckets (dealer $850/seat)
Grand prix seats are another popular one
And the ton of aftermarket and racing seats available.

I wanna know what has worked well and looked good in other peoples trucks??? :355:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
dont buy stuff like that from the dealer. junk yards and ebay are your friend.

anything besides the 3 OEM seats you listed is probably going to be difficult without a welder. The grand prix seats work because the mounting points are so similar to our brackets.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am also wanting to do this. Post some pics of your custom seating guys. I need thoughts....ideas....options....MC Got pics of your bench?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I might have some buckets for sale soon :cool:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
my grand prix seats are so comfortable. much more so than even the reclining bench/bucket seats.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow...looks nice. What year Grand Prix they out of?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the grand prix seats are looking pretty prime.... and there was no way i was intending on buying them from the dealer, i was there getting a second key cut and asked another guy while i was waiting. and yea i've got the bench, no armrest, no reclining, anyone who contributes to this thread my spine thanks you.

theres gotta be some other setups out there no? wouldnt mind seeing some more pics but i might be pushing my luck

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
well I did the factory buckets and center console swap, picked my seats up for $50 and the center console for $150, got lucky with the seats.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i kno welding would be required but i really want the srt-4 neon bucket seats with the headrest built in. i saw them the other day at a meet and im obsessed. soo sexy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i've got no problem fabbing up brackets if I can get the seat with its sliders, so 04+ Grand prix seats work with out messing up the air bags right? because i'm more than willing to make BMW leather seat fit if i can still keep my air bags...

whats the deal how hard is it, or is it even possible to swap other seats out and no mess with the air bags??

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i've got no problem fabbing up brackets if I can get the seat with its sliders, so 04+ Grand prix seats work with out messing up the air bags right? because i'm more than willing to make BMW leather seat fit if i can still keep my air bags...

whats the deal how hard is it, or is it even possible to swap other seats out and no mess with the air bags??
there are sensors in both seat belts and on 06+ trucks there is a weight sensor in the passenger seat. I used the stock seat rails which is where the seat belts attached, so I used the stock seat belts. The weight sensor is just a 8x12" pad that gets put under the cushion, this fit fine in the passenger grand prix seat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay.... now the fun part : finding some grand prix seats (still looking for H3 ones though)

i'm still gonna look into trying some 3 series bmw seats or something just for fun. if i can use the stock seat belts and swap the weight sensor to the pass seat there shouldnt be problem right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put aftermarket seats in mine. I bought the brackets and seats seperate. The seats I got off the "other" site. Very comfy and I think the brackets were well worth the money. I did switch all the air bag shit, passenger has all the weight stuff, driver just has the one sensor. Took me a couple hours to do the passenger and about a half hour to switch the drivers. I'm waiting for my console to arrive and I will take some pics. I got the brackets form gravanatuning.com they have alot of options on seats. I should have got the whole package from them. Chad's service was great. They are a custom order and they took four weeks to make. $170.00 for the pair.
MD

1 - 20 of 37 Posts