Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

New Spark Plug On The Block > Pulstar Pulse Plugs

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  BHeathcoe 
#1 ·
You Seen It Here First On The Nation......

CLICK HERE FOR INFO

These look pretty interesting I glade to see that someone is trying to improve an item that is often over looked. Im probley going to give them a shot even though there $25.00 a pop.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Sorry man I have to disagree with you. Here's the specs on the Rapidfires

ACDelco RAPIDFIRE® Performance Platinum Plug
ACDelco’s RAPIDFIRE Platinum Spark Plugs fit engines that require conventional or platinum plugs, offering quicker throttle response, smoother idle, greater corrosion protection, and greater longevity when compared to conventional spark plugs.

Available for most vehicle makes and models, and several marine applications, the RAPIDFIRE Platinum Spark Plug design features:

Ribless insulator that improves the plug-to-boot seal
Tapered and columned center wire electrode with a platinum pad that reduces the firing diameter and helps improve the firing efficiency by concentrating and directing energy needed to fire the plug with less voltage
One-piece integral suppressor seal that helps reduce radio frequency interference, meters spark plug energy to help provide long electrode life, and seals against compression leakage
Gapped to the engine’s original vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
Thirty-day, money-back guarantee and three-year limited warranty

Here's a cut away of there Platinum Plug

I dont see anything that resemble's a Pulse Circuit in there cut away.

#8 ·
I vote gimmic.

Anything you gain from these would be lost in the ammount of igition timing you would have to retard to eliminate knock.

Engines depend on the burn rate of certain fuels. Increasing the burn rate only damages the engine. It would be just like advancing your ignition to burn 92 octane fuel, but running 82 octane subgrade. The 82 will burn much faster, but your engine is tuned for the slower burn of 92, and detonation occurs.

I say don't get them!!!

Remember the Splitfires? lol!!

#9 · (Edited)
I disagree.....I ran a msd 6al ignition box on my 2.8v6 s-10 and it increased spark. My gas mileage shot up and the truck ran smoother under load. Heck I might have got a few poines out of it too. Increasing spark isn’t going to damage you engine unless your trucks running lean for some reason then maybe I dunno.

Splitfires and bosch plus 2, 3 and 4's are crap in my opinion. Having more than one ground strap or split tip ground strap is crap.

I also have never heard of anyone saying they blew up there motor because they had too much spark?

Im not knocking them untill they have been proved to be crap

#10 ·
I an see how they could theoretically help. If it can burn the fuel faster, it would cause more power to occur quicker. I just dont understand what impact this would have on the engine over time. If the explosion from compustion is harder it would seem to me you would damage your engine faster in the long term. Ill wait till someone proves it in real life before i pass judgement..

#11 ·
Don't forget the spark occurs and the burn begins before the piston reaches top dead center. You don't want the fuel to flash too soon. My guess is these would help an engine that hasn't already had its timing curve tuned and advaced for best efficiency, but an engine that has, wouldn't benefit from them.

I'm no engineer, so I only know what I've read. I'd wait for results and tests done by organizations unaffiliated with the company that makes them before thinking about buying them.

Burning fuel faster shouldn't be your goal when buying plugs. Burning fuel more efficiently and completely, should.

#13 ·
swed... i equate burning faster with more efficiently...if you get the mixture to "flash over" you are going to burn burn it all and more efficiently... i would guess this is how the are making their claims..

#15 ·
I would agree with you schard...this most definatly would not help any of our trucks in the least. It would have to be for a precision tuned engine...I think we were simply debating if this would have any effect on any engine whatsoever...

#18 ·
id agree with others. Id have to see some reviews and data to back it up. Alot of crap looks cool but performs like crap. I bought some $200 nology hot wires for my car when they first came out. Only had em on for a week cause they were crap. Put my $80 MSD ones back on lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.