Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Colorado 3.5L Extended Cab Base Z8Q 2WD, 2012 Chevy Colorado 3.7L Crew Cab LT 2WD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 355 Nation. I am new to the forum but familiar to the Colorado. I just purchased my second 1st generation Colorado. My first was a 2005 Chevy Colorado Base Extended Cab Z8Q (Black), my second is a 2012 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab (Silver). I may have a problem because the first thing I did after leaving the dealership was to hit the forums and start planning mods. So far I have upgraded to TorchBeam LED headlights, I have just received the rest of the LED bulbs for the entire truck inside and out. I have order what is referred to as a Hi Four kit for all light to shine with the high beams. I have ordered an OPT7 LED tailgate light. After the lights will be the radio. I will keep y'all updated on future mods.

Reactions: Dragon08

·
Internet Troll
1,305 Posts
Greetings and welcome.

In January, I purchased my 2nd 1st generation Colorado. I upgraded from a 2009 to a 2012, but stayed with the single cab WT model, although a better color...lol

Reactions: Blackwidow45

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Colorado 3.5L Extended Cab Base Z8Q 2WD, 2012 Chevy Colorado 3.7L Crew Cab LT 2WD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Greetings and welcome.

In January, I purchased my 2nd 1st generation Colorado. I upgraded from a 2009 to a 2012, but stayed with the single cab WT model, although a better color...lol
I had a drunk driver take out my '05 and just really liked the style of the 1st gens. I couldn't pass on the 2nd one, I found the '12 last month and it only had 36,000 miles on it. Ultimate goal is to do an LS swap but that is not going to be for a while.

Reactions: Unfettered

·
Internet Troll
1,305 Posts
I had a drunk driver take out my '05 and just really liked the style of the 1st gens. I couldn't pass on the 2nd one, I found the '12 last month and it only had 36,000 miles on it. Ultimate goal is to do an LS swap but that is not going to be for a while.
Sorry to hear yours was taken out by a drunk. Hopefully you and yours weren't injured.

Mine was going to need a new engine and the prices I was quoted, it made sense to get the newer truck. In my case 1.5 times the average cost to replace the engine got me the newer truck. Sure, it has some scratches and dings, but it is 9 years old. Dealer went through it and replaced belts, hoses, tires and wheels, fluids. I figure that after the engine on the old truck, it would need shocks, rear brakes, transmission, etc. So in the long run the newer truck made sense. I finally have the better radio (CD Player) and the shiny wheels I didn't have on the old truck, but always wanted. Seems life gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully this truck will give me the service the old one did.

I also prefer the looks of the 1st gen, even over the 2nd gen.

Reactions: Blackwidow45

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear yours was taken out by a drunk. Hopefully you and yours weren't injured.

Mine was going to need a new engine and the prices I was quoted, it made sense to get the newer truck. In my case 1.5 times the average cost to replace the engine got me the newer truck. Sure, it has some scratches and dings, but it is 9 years old. Dealer went through it and replaced belts, hoses, tires and wheels, fluids. I figure that after the engine on the old truck, it would need shocks, rear brakes, transmission, etc. So in the long run the newer truck made sense. I finally have the better radio (CD Player) and the shiny wheels I didn't have on the old truck, but always wanted. Seems life gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully this truck will give me the service the old one did.

I also prefer the looks of the 1st gen, even over the 2nd gen.
Thanks, luckily no one was in the truck when it got hit. Funny thing is it was sitting in the driveway. The engine swap will be later on when it’s not my daily driver, if it makes it that long, fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts