Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the military, and i just got a 2006 chevy colorado 2.8l i4 crew cab. I got it because i heard they are reliable. About a week into my relationship with my truck the check engine light came on for p0017. I changed the variable timing solenoid, and the camshaft position sensor but the light still exists. I got the solenoid from oreillys autoparts, its not oem its made by dorman. think that has something to do with it? it runs fine.. except when its in park i rev it and it revs fine, but then it drops below idle and almost stalls, then it picks right back up. Its never died on me until yesterday, it randomly died at a stoplight, and i didnt even know til i went to drive away. I also cleaned the tb. just lost and confused. thank you for any help!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
The only piece of advice I would have is the search feature on the forum, you can find information about almost everything involving a 355 on here! Welcome to the nation, and I hope you can find all the information you need to solve your problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

As far as trouble shooting, what's been said about searching a couple of posts above helped me when ever some weird stuff came up.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Im in the military,
thank you for your service..i too am in the military
and i just got a 2006 chevy colorado 2.8l i4 crew cab.
congrats on your new truck!
I got it because i heard they are reliable.
and they are!
About a week into my relationship with my truck the check engine light came on for p0017. I changed the variable timing solenoid, and the camshaft position sensor but the light still exists.
why did you do this? You must have read up on the problem and thought a few simple parts would fix it..?
Its never died on me until yesterday, it randomly died at a stoplight, and i didnt even know til i went to drive away.
suckage, be careful as to not get into an accident,make sure your seat belt is on, or SIGLI wont pay out insurance money..
I also cleaned the tb.
always good to do
just lost and confused. thank you for any help!
take your truck to the dealer or a reputable shop and have them look it over. Granted it’ll cost you money up front, but you can put it on your taxes at the end of the year for transportation and get money back, being a vet does have its benefits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still learning how this forum works, so im sorry if i dont reply to everyone, but yes. i read up on the p0017 code, and it had three sensors as a common fix, i replaced 2 out of 3 of them, and the code didnt go away.. left my truck sit over night with the battery disconnected and the code is gone and hasnt come back yet so maybe i just had to clear the system. And i can claim the mechanical costs on my taxes as per transportation? thats awesome. Thanks for all the support and info!

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
A couple of things to check and correct. If there is any black on the throttle body blade then have it the injectors and the upper intake cleaned.

Behind the airbox, there is a bundle of wires bolted to the fender. This is the chassis ground. They bolted it to a painted surface. take it off and sand off the paint and bolt it back on. This will fix several issues, you probably haven't noticed.

Finally check the coils and plugs. I forgot to ask how many miles. If over a hundred change the plugs. If over one fifty then change the coils also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
she just broke 70k, so still real low miles. and what kind of issues?
For example, Your AC will stop blowing due to the relay mounted on the inner fender on the passenger side. If you tap on it it will work again for a week or so. Better off getting to know the truck. removing and cleaning things regularly, etc... There are a few crummy grounds on these trucks that will drive you crazy. Easy fixes though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts