Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used ARE cap for the Collie. Looks pretty good, IMO. He also threw in the bedrug, which I washed last night and it's hanging out to dry. Need to get the third brake like wired up, but I'm stoked about the cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Looks great!
Those shells always look good on a crew-cab.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wired mine into the factory brake lights. And because I already had a 7 pin plug harness installed I just took 12 volts from there for the interior light. I only had 3 wires ground,12 volts for the interior light,and wire for brake lights. If not you will need to run a wire to the front of the truck for the interior light. And make sure the fuse goes by the battery not at the rear of the truck.

I just popped out the tail light and drilled a hole from behind and just installed a plastic grommet to keep the wires from rubbing through. This was the only way to get wires through as my cap sits tight. And for the harness I bought a weatherproof one like used for traliers as it holds up better.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Mine got wired by the cap company, when I bought the cap. I'm pretty sure they wired it to the tail light. The wire looks like it heads right to the left tail light.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wired it to the brake light. No issues so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a new shell installed this week. I didn't like any of their dome light options, so I skipped that part with them. Today I ran a wire in loom (with inline fuse) from the hot post on the side of the fuse box. Ended it in the rear left side of the bed. There is a gap under the bed rail just in front of the rear anchor points that you can pass a wire through to inside the fender.

I plan to install some led light strips as dome lights and a 12 v outlet back there. I am trying to decide on how to mount a couple of switches and the 12v outlet back there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to do something like that, but I don't think I'm that handy when it comes to wiring.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I'd like to do something like that, but I don't think I'm that handy when it comes to wiring.
Bring it to SESM and we will wire it for you !!! :355group:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts