Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud
My 2008 Canyon. Absolutely love this truck! Has a ton of recent work/maintenance done. The one thing that makes it stand out above others is the professional, Pro-Tex chip guard paint, and the 4L60e was built with all 4L80e internals. Transfer case was also recently built! 210k miles on the 3.7 but it doesn’t skip a beat. Extremely proud of to own this beautiful hunk of metal

·
2 timer
3,086 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anybody noticed that the 3.7’s are almost just as quick as the 1500 5.3? I actually raced one from 60-98 and the Silverado couldn’t pull away from me… I was thinking of eventually swapping the 3.7 for a 5.3 but I don’t really see the point unless, it’s for reliability purposes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just what I was told by the transmission repair shop that had it. It’s on its 3rd transmission and second transfer case. This last time, he said he rebuilt it with all HD internals
Which I just assumed to be from a 4L80e. Not a transmission expert, so I’m not sure how much can be done with the 4L60 to make it more reliable and handle more power

1 - 12 of 12 Posts