Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 colorado..and would like to do a 5" cst lift kit with a 3 fabtech body lift...I am new to trucks and have not learned all I need to know yet...My questions is can all crew cab models be lifted? and if you dont have a Z85 does that mean you have a ZQ5 model?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
welcome man. you eiather have a zq8,z71,or z85. you can lift all crew cab models. You just have to find a lift specific for your trucks suspension type.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the suspension code will be in the glove box...

three choices
ZQ8
Z85
Z71

gotta know if its 2wd or 4wd also.

:welcome:

·
Registered
836 Posts
and the bodylift is Performance Accessories. Fabtech only makes a 3in spindle lift.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! and also my chassis is really rusty what could I do about that so the truck doesnt look like crap when its raised?

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
mine had some surface rust underneath...had them blast it and undercoat it. Good as new....

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as the rust goes you can't beat the look of the semi-gloss POR-15, you don't have to wire brush or any of that crap. Just paint right over top of it, that is what my boyfriend did to his chevy colorado after his 5" suspension lift. Frame, suspension, and everyhing else underneath.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
As far as the rust goes you can't beat the look of the semi-gloss POR-15, you don't have to wire brush or any of that crap. Just paint right over top of it, that is what my boyfriend did to his chevy colorado after his 5" suspension lift. Frame, suspension, and everyhing else underneath.
haha good old POR-15 we use it at work but we wire brush or sandblast or do something to make sure it's gone be for we coat it definitely a good fix. Also be very careful not to get it on you it's a pita to get off skin.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
how is it to expensive to lift? its a lot cheaper to lift a 2wd truck than a 4x4.

·
Registered
536 Posts
besides tb crank or body lift a kit is $3000 ish just for the kit... 3" only too

a 2wd you can get a 3" fabtech lift for $300 big difference

and with the 2wd not z71 there are wayyy more options.

2wd z71 and 4wd have the rancho, tuff country, cst and maybe a couple others all expensive and the same exact thing except for the cst actually being worth it and being 5"

·
Registered
71 Posts
how is it to expensive to lift? its a lot cheaper to lift a 2wd truck than a 4x4.
I agree, at least in the case of a 2wd Z85 compared to a 4wd Z85 or Z71. Three inch kit is between $500 and $600 and the ones for a 4wd are MUCH more!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree, at least in the case of a 2wd Z85 compared to a 4wd Z85 or Z71. Three inch kit is between $500 and $600 and the ones for a 4wd are MUCH more!
ya and what i was saying is its worth it if you get the 4wd to pay that much for the lift cause there is so much that has to be relocated and added to get the lift.

but if your doing that all for the 2wd z71 like mine its a pain and disappointing. all opinion i guess..

·
Registered
71 Posts
ya and what i was saying is its worth it if you get the 4wd to pay that much for the lift cause there is so much that has to be relocated and added to get the lift.

but if your doing that all for the 2wd z71 like mine its a pain and disappointing. all opinion i guess..
I gotcha now

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
besides tb crank or body lift a kit is $3000 ish just for the kit... 3" only too

a 2wd you can get a 3" fabtech lift for $300 big difference

and with the 2wd not z71 there are wayyy more options.

2wd z71 and 4wd have the rancho, tuff country, cst and maybe a couple others all expensive and the same exact thing except for the cst actually being worth it and being 5"
$3000 for a 4wd lift? where did you get that from? I got my 4" tuff country lift installed for around 2k. :shrug:

·
Registered
536 Posts
ya i was trying to remember from when i looked into it a year ago or so...

but still $2000 compared to $300-400 is a big difference for the same thing basically.

I dont know I just dont like how my truck is 2wd and would cost me that much money when other 2wd are so much cheaper..

cant do any major offroading so why have the offroad suspension you know?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
where the fuck are you finding the fabtech kit for $300 bucks?

its $540 bucks just for the spindles, the complete front kit is 700 bucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts