Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Firs thing, all vehicles are expensive now. I had a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and it priced for just at $40K brand new. I just put together the exact car for the new 6th gen, 2016 model, and it is now a $52K car.

But as far as opinions:

The good: Excellent all around. comfort, styling, handling (even for a truck), interior and technologies. I had a 2008 Colorado LT and it was fully loaded for it's time when I got it brand new off the show room floor. That thing would be comparable to this gens work truck. It's put together nicely and well done. It's not "truckie" and cheap like the first gens. A lot of people don't keep their subscription to Onstar after their trial period but I did and love it. I have mine synced up with my phone so with the onstar app so I can do so much with that. 24 hour GPS tracking, basic vehicle diagnostics, and remote start, all from my phone.

Ez down tailgate and rear step bumper, awesome!!! Even with the size increase over the first gen, not as tremendous as people really think they are when you put them side by side, but is still noticeable.

Projector headlights and fog lights, awesome!!! I've upgraded mine to an HID/LED combo so I can see plenty in front of me.

Bose system with nav and 8" touch screen, awesome!!! Now if you plan to do a personal stereo upgrade, do not get this stock upgrade. So much integration with this system it's a nightmare to try and upgrade.

Floor shifter, better than on the tree (my opinion). Gives you that more of a car feel.

The bad: No V8 .... yet.

The Canyon looks too much like a Sierra and has no individualism. No stock HIDs, even with the projectors. Not so much an issue as they can be swapped out, but you would think with a $40K vehicle that HIDs would be stock on the upgraded headlights.

Halogen bulbs all around. Once again with the price of the vehicle, and today's technologies, you would think they could have upgraded the remaining halogen bulbs to LED. But once again, not too terrible as they can all be changed.

Transmission shift points. I've been working with James on a tune for these new models and James has decoded the files and determined GM has programmed a small delay in some of the shift points, thus resulting in lots of people complaining the transmission does not suit "their" driving needs.

The ugly: The whiny little bitches who complain that for the price of a Colorado, that you can get a full size. Well guess what, for the price of my $40K truck, I could have gotten lots of vehicles!!!

Just sayin: I have the V6 which has some nice giddy up to it, especially since the newer trucks are a few hundred pounds heavier. I can't say about the 4 cyl gas model on what power they have (driver experience wise, not factory numbers) and of course the diesels just started hitting the dealers now,

The laser blue that I have, is not listed as a metallic paint, but sure enough, it clearly is. However, in certain shades of light, it will show a purplish appearance.

I know you said you weren't happy with the looks of the Colorado, have you tried a Canyon.

Here is a picture of mine, and someone else's Canyon.
I just saw this thread. Nice right up Matt. I preferred the Colorado to the Canyon also because it looks different than the full size trucks. I have a 2016 and my trans shifts pretty good for me. Maybe I have some updates? I have been buying midsize trucks for 20 something years because they work perfect for me and wouldn't trade it for any full size truck. The full size trucks are just too big for my needs. Especially when I have to bring the truck into New York City, Miami, Charleston or any other big city. People should buy the vehicle they want. What does the price of a different vehicle have to do with buying what you want? Anyhow, I love my new truck. It completely blows away my 2007 Z71 Colorado. And it only costs $6,000 more nine years later. I call that a win.

Attachments

·
Internet Troll
1,251 Posts
It'll be a while longer before I'm in the market for another truck, but there was only a $500 difference in the base price between the WT full size and the WT model I have in 2009.

The full size wouldn't get the mileage I get out of the mid-size and I can put the Colorado in my garage. I also wouldn't have gotten the $4500 out of my trade against the full size as it didn't get enough of a mileage difference for the CFC program in 2009.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I stopped by the dealer the other day and the Midnight Edition still wasn't listed as an option for the Z71 on the dealers computer. I guess I'll be waiting a while

·
Registered
18 Posts
I stopped by the dealer the other day and the Midnight Edition still wasn't listed as an option for the Z71 on the dealers computer. I guess I'll be waiting a while
I think you want to look for the ALL TERRAIN package which comes with Z71 goodies (on Canyon - not sure about Colorado). The ALL TERRAIN only comes available in SLE trims.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I was at my local dealer yesterday and they had a new Trail Boss on the lot

·
Registered
208 Posts
im just waiting for a diesel 1/2 ton silverado to come out. i will gladly pay 60k for one of those brand new

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally went back to the dealer last week and he said I could still order a 2016 Colorado but was going to double check. He called me back and said we were good. I went in last night and ordered a black 2016 Colorado Z71 4WD crew cab with the diesel. I didn't think the Midnight or trailboss were worth the extra money

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I finally went back to the dealer last week and he said I could still order a 2016 Colorado but was going to double check. He called me back and said we were good. I went in last night and ordered a black 2016 Colorado Z71 4WD crew cab with the diesel. I didn't think the Midnight or trailboss were worth the extra money
I'm JEALOUS! I want a canyon with the diesel...but I'm about to pay off my truck...

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Well... Added another Colorado to family last week, much to my surprise!!! My oldest was moving into collage last Wed. My dad calls me up last Monday, and asks what I'm doing tomm (Tuesday). I said nothing (Tues and Wed are my days off). He said I need to come up to NC and pick up a truck. Of course, I said what truck, and tells me that they have bought my oldest a truck to go to school in!

After picking up my jaw off the floor, I asked what it was and its a 2016 Colorado LT CC 2wd V6! My mom picked the perfect color, Cyber Gray Metallic, and my boy balled his eyes out, he and I both couldn't believe it. Totally out of nowhere, had no idea they were planning this. Truck rides like a dream and great gas mileage!!! Avg 26.8 on I-95 coming home, better than his gas guzzling 12 mpg 97 Z71! So far, no complaints, he did mention his head lights and fog lights weren't quite as bright as he wanted, so we are looking into LED's for both.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
Well... Added another Colorado to family last week, much to my surprise!!! My oldest was moving into collage last Wed. My dad calls me up last Monday, and asks what I'm doing tomm (Tuesday). I said nothing (Tues and Wed are my days off). He said I need to come up to NC and pick up a truck. Of course, I said what truck, and tells me that they have bought my oldest a truck to go to school in!

After picking up my jaw off the floor, I asked what it was and its a 2016 Colorado LT CC 2wd V6! My mom picked the perfect color, Cyber Gray Metallic, and my boy balled his eyes out, he and I both couldn't believe it. Totally out of nowhere, had no idea they were planning this. Truck rides like a dream and great gas mileage!!! Avg 26.8 on I-95 coming home, better than his gas guzzling 12 mpg 97 Z71! So far, no complaints, he did mention his head lights and fog lights weren't quite as bright as he wanted, so we are looking into LED's for both.
Congrats! Love hearing these stories.

I to have a new 2016 GMC Canyon. Super Happy with it so far.
2017 are coming out next month and GMC is offering a 8% discount on selected models.
I could't resist, Now I own both gens:D

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
James, good luck with your new truck. enjoy it. looks great

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked it up yesterday, now I just have to figure out how to post pics. I'm a spazz

21 - 40 of 43 Posts