Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my truck.

2012 v8 z71 crew cab auto.

World of wheels Boston is coming up in two weeks and I would like to get some wheels for the truck.

Pro Comp Alloy Wheels Part 5038-7983 - Metal Mulisha Series 5038 General, 17X9 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black - - 4 Wheel Parts

These are what ive found that I like. Whats everyones thoughts on these?

2 questions I have are:

Will these fit the factory tires I have which are 265/70/17?

also with the backspacing listed as 4.75 with a -6 offset, will this fit the rancho 4"lift I plan on adding next year which requires I believe a 4.5 offset?

Sorry ive lowered cars my whole life and this is all new to me.

Thanks for any and all help!

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
You're gonna want 4.5 bs at the most if you want a rancho lift.

Edit: Rancho rebate is going on now til June 31. Get up to $400 back on a prepaid visa

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant drop the coin on that now unfortunately.

So those wheeld would be no go unless i can get the backspacing at 4.5 ?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i dont want that lol. Ok, so 4.5 back spacing is a must.

How do you think theyll fit on these tires by the tire size posted above ?

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Yeah i dont want that lol. Ok, so 4.5 back spacing is a must.

How do you think theyll fit on these tires by the tire size posted above ?
Look in my albums. I'm running that size with a rancho lift and 4.5 bs. I originally put my stock 265s on the new wheels to see how it looked and decided to stick with that size instead of upsizing to 285s.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So youd say i should be all set ? I can get tires with the wheels but these tires are brand new i want to run them out, just didnt know how they would look on a 9 inch wide wheel

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
9" is the max wheel width for those tires. Stock wheels are 7.5", mine are 8".

All set? If you go with those wheels and want a rancho lift, you will need spacers for the front at least. Rear will be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Here is a picture of my truck.

2012 v8 z71 crew cab auto.

World of wheels Boston is coming up in two weeks and I would like to get some wheels for the truck.

Pro Comp Alloy Wheels Part 5038-7983 - Metal Mulisha Series 5038 General, 17X9 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black - - 4 Wheel Parts

These are what ive found that I like. Whats everyones thoughts on these?

2 questions I have are:

Will these fit the factory tires I have which are 265/70/17?

also with the backspacing listed as 4.75 with a -6 offset, will this fit the rancho 4"lift I plan on adding next year which requires I believe a 4.5 offset?

Sorry ive lowered cars my whole life and this is all new to me.

Thanks for any and all help!
If you like them, buy them.

I personally think 9" wheels are too wide for a 265. Look up your tire manufacturer, you'll see they likely agree.

The backspace values will clear your truck in current conditions.

By the way, you don't need to specify both the backspace and offset because they are one in the same. Because you wrote both, I had to double check your values to be sure you didn't write in error.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry i know absolutely nothing about wheels and tires.

I was just copying what was on the wheel page. Maybe ill just dip these black for now.

Save the cash towards cam swap

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
4.75" of backspace MAY work with the rancho lift IF you are going to run 265/70/17 or 33x10.5 tires. Will NOT work if you are going to use 285/70/17(or wider) tires it will rub the upper ball joint. You can use 1/4" ring spacers but they don't leave a lot of thread on our short lugs for the nuts to grab on to

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
285/70/17(33x11.5) on 17x8 wheels with 4.5" of backspace(0 offset)

Rancho lift

1 - 16 of 16 Posts