Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello & thanks for the acceptance. I just bought a 2004 GMC Canyon and it is my first time owning one. I am in my late 50's & have built several C10's, S10's & assorted GM Hotrods. I'll try to keep the newbie dumb questions to a minimum if possible.

Monte

Attachments

·
2 timer
1,554 Posts
Greetings and Welcome.

Reactions: Monte Murray

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Welcome to the Nation from a local Louisianian :)

Reactions: Monte Murray

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Welcome. There's no dumb questions here. I dropped a 327 in a '69 C-10 many years ago. Still kept the white paint, bench seat and column shift! That was a fun toy. It was rusted and really rough looking with a reasonably quiet exhaust, but boy did it turn some heads when I was feeling like showing off a little. Just turned 62 myself and there are a lot of gray hairs around this site. You'll be right at home.
What are your plans for your truck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. There's no dumb questions here. I dropped a 327 in a '69 C-10 many years ago. Still kept the white paint, bench seat and column shift! That was a fun toy. It was rusted and really rough looking with a reasonably quiet exhaust, but boy did it turn some heads when I was feeling like showing off a little. Just turned 62 myself and there are a lot of gray hairs around this site. You'll be right at home.
What are your plans for your truck?
The main plan is daily driver. I commute 160 miles a day. Unfortunately I cannot leave well enough alone and have already looking at whether or not I wanted to lower or lift my new addition. I've never been able to drive a stock vehicle, I've always had at last some modifications to make them more personable. I can completely understand about your 69 C10. I dropped a 69 350 in a 72 that I had years ago that was a real beater. looked like junk but ran like a bat out of hell. I have an 85 C10 that my dad bought new, with a 5.7 Vortec in it that the motor ran 12's when it was in a S10. I also have a 66 C10 that I've had for over 40 years, that will be getting redone hopefully soon, might go Gasser Style with it?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
sweet, not too far away from Lafayette. from the picture looks like a Z85 suspension with stock 15's. I'm guessing 3.5L ?
Depending on mileage, a mail order or remote tune is a must for these trucks. IMO, these can be sleepers in disguise :cool:
Looking forward to your progress

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet, not too far away from Lafayette. from the picture looks like a Z85 suspension with stock 15's. I'm guessing 3.5L ?
Depending on mileage, a mail order or remote tune is a must for these trucks. IMO, these can be sleepers in disguise :cool:
Looking forward to your progress
You guessed it, Z85 with stock 3.5 & 15's. It has 177k on it but to drive it you'd never know it. I'm using it to commute 160 miles a day, so not sure if I wanna Hot Rod it just yet. But you never know ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts