Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Newbie here 05 Colorado

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  CodeRed 
#1 ·
New memeber here 05 Colorado reg cab ZQ8. Yellow, titned windows, tekstyle tonneau cover, k@n filter, and royal purple snthetics. Just got not long ago, and driving the crapout of it.

See less See more
#2 ·
:welcome: to the :salute:

Glad to have you!!!! You'll learn alot here!!

#9 ·
welcome, BUT, do your best to drain your truck of the Royal Purple ASAP. If you are looking to wreck your truck internally, keep using Royal Purple.

I use Amsoil Racing Synthetic, and am coming up on 20,000 KM's (12,400 miles). I took a sample in to a government oil testing facility, to get an unbiased opinion on the lifespan of my Amsoil oil.

As it turns out, Amsoil is amazing. The oil is still fit for the vehicle, and still has retained all it's protective qualities.

I thought while I was there, to ask them about the good, bad, and the ugly about other Synthetics, and Royal Purple failed pretty much all across the board.

#11 ·
? I have noticed on some of your trucks, that there is a lower airdam, on them. mine does not have it it. I ran a carfax on the truck, and it showed up clean, and just buy looking at it it does not look like it has been ripped off. Did Chevy put these on some of the trucks but not all, or maybe change it during the production years.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.