Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a 2012 Canyon for my son for his first vehicle. He loves it, but wants to make it his own, but unsure what he wants. So we're looking for ideas and accessories.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is how i got started too. I bought the first Colorado (an 08 Ext) for my son in 2018. I spent a few weeks getting it cleaned up and making sure all the maintenance was up to date. During that time I fell in love with it. This year I found myself in need of a winter ride, so I went hunting for one. I got myself a 10 Colorado Reg Cab and have been tinkering with it on weekends to get it ready for the bad weather.
As far as stuff for your boy's truck, it all depends on what he likes. There is still a lot of aftermarket options out there for the 1st gen trucks. Plenty of wheel options, lift/drop kits, LED lamps.
Post some pics and let's see what he is working with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, thats a nice looking truck! Looks like its very well optioned already. He may just have to settle with driving that awesome truck as-is. :) Great find. Hopefully it will last him through college if he takes good care of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It better last him! It’s got under 50K on it. Got it from a friend when his parents passed away. Been well taken care of.

·
Registered
04, 05, 12 colorado.
38 Posts
Nice truck. Endless possibilities with these trucks. Not to many YouTube builds but there are a lot of builds on Instagram. Good place to figure out what he wants to have done, then just come back on here and ask your questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts