Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo uhhh yeah. When/where are we doing the next meet guys? Suggestions? Anyone want to step up as host?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about Gainesville, meet eat and go watch some drag races afterwards? I believe they still do bracket races for points every other weekend. I will check.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hell, I would be down to race myself if they even just had a test n tune! I am liking this idea.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
I will do some checking, and see what they say. Hell they might even let us just race each other, LOL!!! My wife would kill me! But oh the fun that could be had!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only truck I'd be worried about is Joe's 5.3! lol Unless some guys I don't know of were to make it out or Reuben after his 3.5 swap lol.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
They only have test and tune on WED. nights. But they have several different series going on for Saturday races. We could meet up for eats and stuff then go out to a race. I will look for other options, tons of saturday night drags going on in central Florida.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
Alright folks, How does everyone feel about a Sunday meet in Orlando, at the Speedworld Drap strip? They have an event called "Funday Sunday", starts at 10 am and runs until 5 pm. It is test and tune, fun runs, and grudge matches. The best dates I see are July 6 or August 3. Give me an idea of what you think by replying and we will go from there.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright folks, How does everyone feel about a Sunday meet in Orlando, at the Speedworld Drap strip? They have an event called "Funday Sunday", starts at 10 am and runs until 5 pm. It is test and tune, fun runs, and grudge matches. The best dates I see are July 6 or August 3. Give me an idea of what you think by replying and we will go from there.
They do saturday night and Friday night events too (and more often) but those are usually 6pm-10 or 12.

I would be down to hit Orlando Speed World though and August would have to be it. On July 6 I will be in the Grand Canyon.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
I knew the others were available, but some of us need to make a one day trip out of it. So the 10-5 Sunday deal works better. I like August better also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
just remember the hotter it is the worst your engines run.= slower times

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would be down for Orlando! Gainesville would be a definite possibility, would wanna make a day trip out of anything for sure.

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts
Im down, Im also at 166,000 also, so I wont be headed down the track. But I will bring my Gopro if anyone wants to put it on their truck if they are going down the track. Im headed to NC in late July so I want to be nice to the truck. Cant we park out by the track somewhere? back right up to the fence?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At OSW you can get pretty close up to the track, yes.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haha welllll I'm in tampa but the closest 1/4 mile track is Brandon, we have an 1/8 mile that usually had a great turnout on Wednesdays!

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
I like the OSW idea the best, slam fest looks fun, but I can not do anything in September.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts