Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a few months ago my wife got a d3200 and I would like to get a good budget friendly lens that would be ideal for car show pix so I don't have to try and get 15' away to get the whole car in

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
whats your budget? you can spend anywhere between $300 and $xxxxx on a piece of glass. Do you want a zoom or a fixed prime lens? I'd recommend a wide angle zoom lens. You can pick up a tamron 10-24mm for around $300 used or $450ish new. I have that lens and it's a pretty good wide angle zoom, it's not the sharpest in my bag, but when stopped down a bit the image quality improves a lot.. at 10mm there is a lot of visible distortion, a sort of fisheye effect, but thats to be expected with any super wide angle, sometimes it can give a cool look to your photos.. here's a few photos taken with the 10-24mm.. i think all of them were taken at 10mm

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that look so I'm guessing that would be a good choice for me . I don't know shit about cameras lol . Question the first pic about how far away do you think you were from the truck ?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
tamron or sigma make decent lenses for decent pricing. I’m waiting for the arrival of my sigma 50-500 to get to me. I needed some zooooom here in afg.

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That's the one thing about wide angle lenses, you feel like you're going to run into something getting the view right.

Wow, those are pretty distorted. Not a complaint, just saying you can easily see it's a pretty wide angle.

I want the Sigma 50-150. The 70-200 is nice too, but not quite what I think I'd need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts