Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I have seen similar products like this, Readylift is one of the products.

I have concerns over the advertising in the link. It species the kit uses torsion keys to raise the front, however a 2wd doesn't have torsion keys, and there are no torsion keys in the kit/pic. I'm sure it is a typing mistake. However that makes me question other things I may not know about...how can I believe it if I don't know what it means.

I don't remember, do you drive a 4x4 or 2x4? Your profile indicates 4x4. If that is true, the kit you listed will not work.
I don't recall 2x4's having 235 sized tires.

What do you wish to achieve overall?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 4x4. my budy did a lift with this brand on a 96 f150 that he rebuilt and restored and really recommended this to me

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
That Coil spacer kit will not work. Your truck has torsion bars

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Crank the torsion bar keys. If that doesn't get you the lift you want then buy re indexed lift keys. There is a "How to" for torsion bar and shackle lifting

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything you guys recommend for a 2.5 lift with out having to crank my tb. I keep hearing about about it making your ride harder

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
You can do a 1 inch, 1.5 inch or 3 inch body lift... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You are correct about the ride becoming more stiff with torsion bar lifts. FYI: new keys result in the same ride qualify as cranking stock, in case you didn't know. New keys will net you more lift than the stock capability- but will not soften the ride.

As Greg stated, body lifting is your next option. Then subframe lifts, but that gets expensive.

ProComp does make many lifts, for different vehicles. However the one you posted isn't for your truck.

Rear shackles are the same, but the front end is different.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
If you're wanting lift without cranking, you'll have to do either a body lift or a subframe lift.

FYI rancho part #RS6569B is the cheapest subframe kit, also the most popular. You'll need new shocks, but those are under $200. If you look around for a minute or two, you can find the whole setup for around 1400-1500 brand new.

There is one other option, but it hasn't been tried yet that I've seen. That's using the Z85 3" lift spindles. I don't think it will clear the cv's, but no one has actually confirmed yet that I've seen. Using the lift spindles involves a decent amount of work, but not too bad...there's a few threads on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts