Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
That's one of those videos where you say "oh fuck!" as you're watching it. Gotta be careful with your nitrous install and tune or bad things happen.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the thing I decided to do a dry hop and my rpm's were basicaly at idle and I guess when I floored it all without any stall my rpm's were too low and boom. Just the intake blew up throttle body and everything else seems to be fine.

Z

·
0 Posts
Is this something that is common?? Not sure if i wanna drop the cash for some N20 now.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this something that is common?? Not sure if i wanna drop the cash for some N20 now.
No it's not here's the deal. My rpm's were too low to spray the nitrous out of idle pretty much. My own mistake I got excited because this race was going to be a real good race he ran a 12.1 in that run.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
ahh shit that sux dude!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how many people does it take to look under a hood?
Hey I got allot of friends you would be surprised at how many helped me push it to the tow vehicle over 20 + people. I rather have 200 friends then 0 friends dont you think so.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it sux and it was my own mistake I flipped the switch to see how good it was going to launch/hook after the burnout but I forgot to stall it and my rpm's were way too low. :( dont worry guys ill be up and running in no time and faster then ever.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Hey I got allot of friends you would be surprised at how many helped me push it to the tow vehicle over 20 + people. I rather have 200 friends then 0 friends dont you think so.
dont take what i said as a jab haha i was kinda going along the lines of the jokes that say "how many ____ does it takes to do ____"

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i hate to sound like the "know it all" but thats not caused from not enough RPM. the problem is not nitrous at all. its fuel puddling from the wet kit. when you are doing the burnout at WOT then no throttle the intake velocity drops real quick, before all the fuel can be sucked into the combustion chamber on that cycle. and its too heavy to be inhaled at idle, so it just puddles in the bottom of the intake runners. a quick stab at the throttle creates a high load situation that requires ALOT of timing, the quick change in timing allows the intake valve to be slightly open as the ignition happens, and POWWWW. nitrous backfire, or so everyone calls it. nitrous DOES NOT BURN without fuel and pressure.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts