Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shit happened with the 15's...I am buying all new ...which way to you all think will be best

new sub/subs...

any advice on Kicker comp VR's or Kicker L5's...not sure which way to go...I can get away with my amps on the VR's but need a new amp for the L5's

·
Registered
297 Posts
just go with 2 jl 12w7's. it will murder the 15" u previously wanted to install. this is what i would do if i had an extended cab.

·
Registered
94 Posts
go with the L5's or rather go with some L7's, I had two L5's in my old car with a Memphis audio 1100 Watt class D amp and it was crazy loud.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
if you dont feel like getting a new amp 2 12" cvr's would be good but if ur looking for loud,clean bass i'd say a single l5 or l7. if you want stupid loud and still clean bass then 2 l5 or l7s lol. my friend had 2 L5s in his mustang and it was almost as loud as the 2 15" audiobahns i had in my cherokee.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx guys for your help...

I dont think I am interested in that one snowman...thanx for mentioning though....

·
Registered
24 Posts
To be honest with you...I've had the Type R's and the Solobaric L7's...I didn't like the squares. :shrug:

They pounded...but only in a large, ported box...and even then, they didn't really impress me enough to keep from trading them in on 2 Type R's.

SPL test in my TransAm was 148.8 with 2 L7's running off the 8100D MTX amp, that's 1050w RMS @ 2ohms, 1200 W peak. With the same Amp, same box, same everything but with Type R's, I hit 151.5.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx MC i was actually considering type R's again...had em in my celica and they hit hard as hell....

you helped make my decision much clearer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts