Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.:: MR. September ::.
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no brake lights or cruise and i am NOT tuned. i unplugged the brake switch and checked continuity with my meter and it is reading that it works. i checked the fuses with my meter also and the terminals the fuses go in and both are reading 12 volts. i checked the relay labeled RUN/CRNK because in the manual it says the cruise and back up lamps are ran through this relay and it is good. i read the connectors on the harness for the brake switch and the cruise switch with my meter and the brake switch does NOT have power coming to it but the cruise switch does. what i believe this tells me is from the fuse block to the brake switch i have lost power. i am stuck at what i should do next. anybody have this happen to them or know what to do?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I know you checked the stop lamp sw/....but thats the only thing that makes sense to me. I had mine replaced under a bulletin from GM. If yours has never been changed (regardless of being on warranty or not)...they have to chnage it ! ;)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yep, I'd start with the switch. It's a common problem for these trucks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really...:esquint:

Bitches.

they'll probably link it to your airbags...say something along the lines of they take too much power from your flux capacitor. :jerkit:

Good luck man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts