Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my intake resonator box mod. I happened across this piece of high temp PVC with a bend and decided why not it looked perfect, all it took was a trim of 2 1/2 inches off one end at a 30 degree angle and it fits like a glove. Whole things air tight with some tape under all those metal pieces. I went out and got that little Spectre breather for the other hose and painted it black. All i need is another K&N sticker to go on it and I got myself a K&N intake. :p

There is that one hose that went into the front of the box. I'm not sure what to do with that. Right now i have a paper towel with a band around it to keep any shit from getting into it, I do believe it has something to do with the gas tank breathing. I'm gonna see if I can find a smaller breather and mod it onto that hose lower somehow. Or maybe tap a hose into the pipe but for now, I had my finger on it, no suction or air flow so I'm not sure, just not going to bother.

Anyway theres no engine light, it runs fine and sounds even better. :D Very happy I did this.

-devon

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Just take that line off (the one you have the paper towel on)... It is only an atmospheric vent for the fuel pressure regulator.. Not needed... Let it vent to the atmosphere...

Nice work!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just take that line off (the one you have the paper towel on)... It is only an atmospheric vent for the fuel pressure regulator.. Not needed... Let it vent to the atmosphere...

Nice work!
yeah thats what i figured. Cool. Thanks. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Nice, :355: , you eliminated the whole thing. Im gonna see if i can get a piece like that. Where did you get that piece from?

I updated your picture on my thread, as an example. Great work Man. :355:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, :355: , you eliminated the whole thing. Im gonna see if i can get a piece like that. Where did you get that piece from?
local plumbing store here. all specialty items.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
looks very nice rawr! i did the same thing with a piece of metal electrical conduit(found at your local electrical supply store, ask for a 22 1/2 degree bend) and painted it black.I drilled and tapped a 1/4"NPT thread into mine to feed the crankcase breather, no problems so far.. this is a great modification if your looking for a meaner sound! nice!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
yeah thats what i figured. Cool. Thanks. :D
You can also run the tubing to the new intake and be emissions compliant...

I was thinking about this and I recall a mention of odors from the devices now with a true atmospheric vent... The stock system would take the vented fumes to be re burnt, previously. Something to keep in mind I guess.

Mine are piped into the K&N tube. I just keep ahead of the throttle body cleanings in regards to soot formation.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Cool pipe Devon. But im still not diggin the wire loom man, to be honest witcha its sorta....... ricerish man.... sorry.

Anyhow cool mod. Just keep and eye on that little crankcase breather you put on the back of the valve cover becuase oil fumes are gonna be passing by through that and the top of your valve cover is gonna be wet with oil in a few weeks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool pipe Devon. But im still not diggin the wire loom man, to be honest witcha its sorta....... ricerish man.... sorry.

Anyhow cool mod. Just keep and eye on that little crankcase breather you put on the back of the valve cover becuase oil fumes are gonna be passing by through that and the top of your valve cover is gonna be wet with oil in a few weeks.

meh. i got bored and i cut the stock ones off to put the red ones on. i don't care. no one looks in my hood. i;m just trying to bring out accents of red on my truck here and there where ever i can.

and ill keep an eye on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts