Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys this is getting a tad bit frustrating..
I turn my truck on, the DRLs light up, rear taillights light up, everything seems fine.

I push the brake pedal, the brake lights come on.

I push the turn signal lever to turn left or right, the green arrows on the cluster come on and blink, the loud @ss turn signal audio flasher works, but no front or rear blinking lights.

I turn off the turn signals, and try pushing the hazard switch, again both green arrows on the cluster come on and start blinking, but no flashing lights.

During this entire time my truck is running and not a small flicker or flashing of the lights.

My blinker speed I think sounds just a tad fast, like a bulb is burnt out, but all lights are working correctly.

Anyone had this happen, or have any ideas of things to try?

I’ve checked all fuses, all are good. All grounds are good, all the lights turn on, so I am pretty stumped right now…

:th_crazy::th_crazy::th_crazy::th_crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
??? I would replace the bulbs. Worth a shot and not a lot of $$.
Good luck killing the gremlin...LOL

·
Registered
378 Posts
my 04 seems to have the same issue but only with the passenger turn signal , its been like that for almost a year lol.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Just a shot in the dark. The power for both the Hazard Switch and the Turn Signal Switch comes through the BCM connector C-2. Check the condition of the wiring/pins in the connector. It is the lower connector on the BCM. I believe the color of the connector is gray.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a shot in the dark. The power for both the Hazard Switch and the Turn Signal Switch comes through the BCM connector C-2. Check the condition of the wiring/pins in the connector. It is the lower connector on the BCM. I believe the color of the connector is gray.
pulled out BCM, looked at connectors, looked perfect.. re installed..

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

Your battery voltage must be between 9-16 volts.

Have you checked all your fuses and relays?

Park LP Relay 53
FR PK Fuse 40 10 A
RR PK LP Fuse 39 15 A
RR PK LP 2 Fuse 29 10 A
Turn/Haz FR (Fuse 37) 15 A
Turn/Haz RR (Fuse 28) 15 A
Stop Fuse 1 20 A

Check the G105 ground point (left side of engine compartment)

Sounds to me like the BCM is detecting a bulb out. Are you sure that you don't have a bulb out? Are the bulb sockets ok?

You should also check the instrument cluster connector.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
DTC B0527, B0528, B0529

Circuit Description

When the body control module (BCM) receives a right turn signal ON command from the turn signal switch, the BCM will apply voltage to the right rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit and right turn signal lamps supply voltage circuit. The turn signal flasher is integrated with the BCM and will flash both circuits simultaneously. The turn signal indicator is also illuminated utilizing the right rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit.

DTC Descriptors

DTC B0527 Right Turn Signal Circuit Low
DTC B0528 Right Turn Signal Circuit High
DTC B0529 Right Turn Signal Circuit Open

Conditions for Running the DTC

The battery voltage must be between 9-16 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

-When the BCM receives a right turn signal command and the right rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit is open, shorted to ground, or shorted to voltage
-When the BCM receives a right turn signal command and the right turn signal lamps supply voltage circuit is shorted to ground or shorted to voltage

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The right front and/or right rear turn signals will not operate or will remain always ON.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

-This DTC will clear on the currents status ager the condition for setting the fault is corrected.
-A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
-History and current DTCs can be cleared using a scan tool.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
DTC B0532, B0533, B0534

Circuit Description

When the body control module (BCM) receives a left turn signal ON command from the turn signal switch, the BCM will apply voltage to the left rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit and left turn signal lamps supply voltage circuit. The turn signal flasher is integrated with the BCM and will flash both circuits simultaneously. The turn signal indicator is also illuminated utilizing the right rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit.

DTC Descriptors

DTC B0532 Left Turn Signal Circuit Low
DTC B0533 Left Turn Signal Circuit High
DTC B0534 Left Turn Signal Circuit Open

Conditions for Running the DTC

The battery voltage must be between 9-16 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

-When the BCM receives a left turn signal command and the left rear stop/turn lamp supply voltage circuit is open, shorted to ground, or shorted to voltage
-When the BCM receives a left turn signal command and the left turn signal lamps supply voltage circuit is shorted to ground or shorted to voltage

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The left front and/or right rear turn signals will not operate or will remain always ON.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

-This DTC will clear on the currents status ager the condition for setting the fault is corrected.
-A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
-History and current DTCs can be cleared using a scan tool.

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
I had a semi simular issue. Neither left or right would flash or even make the clicking sound when depressing the brake. Solution to fixing the problem was removing the trailer light harness in the back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
Are you sure the bulbs are good? Have you tried new bulbs yet?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you checked all your fuses and relays?/Check the G105 ground point (left side of engine compartment)/Sounds to me like the BCM is detecting a bulb out. Are you sure that you don't have a bulb out? Are the bulb sockets ok?/You should also check the instrument cluster connector.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets-History and current DTCs can be cleared using a scan tool.
I had a semi simular issue. Neither left or right would flash or even make the clicking sound when depressing the brake. Solution to fixing the problem was removing the trailer light harness in the back.
find someone who will let you swap dashes out.
Are you sure the bulbs are good? Have you tried new bulbs yet?
All bulbs are new, perfect working condition..
Cluster connection is in perfect working condition..
No trailer harness..
All grounds hooked up..
Swap out dashes? That’s a neat idea…but…
Everything works correctly except front turn signals…all DRLs, high/low beams/gauge cluster, everything, just no front turn signals..

here is a video so you can see the lights working and not working...
ligths - YouTube

:th_crazy:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Does your truck have a trailer wiring harness?? If it does, my bet is a problem there... Try removing it from the truck... That was my problem.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
All bulbs are new, perfect working condition..
Cluster connection is in perfect working condition..
No trailer harness..
All grounds hooked up..
Swap out dashes? That’s a neat idea…but…
Everything works correctly except front turn signals…all DRLs, high/low beams/gauge cluster, everything, just no front turn signals..

here is a video so you can see the lights working and not working...
ligths - YouTube

:th_crazy:
Does your truck have a trailer wiring harness?? If it does, my bet is a problem there... Try removing it from the truck... That was my problem.
He's already answered no trailer harness.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drove the truck during the day with zero front lights. Zero as in I was waiting for my conversion headlights so I could use the stock Colorado headlight bulbs. But after I got them and the ones they sent me used a different bulb I decided to use the stock 4x6 headlights and since I had to splice in different connecter wiring anyways id just leave the stock lighting.

With that being said, I'm sure the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) needs to be reset as it would have seen zero lights in the front while testing the truck for a few days.

Can you pull battery cable and DTC will clear itself?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Bad ass gremlin...No doubt !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts