Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went on a trail ride this weekend and got a little stuck. I am going to try and put the video up. Now I have a clicking noise that is dependent on speed. I jacked the truck up, put it in gear, and I can hear the noise. I get out with it still running and the noise stops. I was thinking that it had to be suspension related. Cut it off and crawled all under it and nothing is rubbing the tires or driveshaft. I grabbed the driveshaft to see if it was the ujoints and the clicking sound is in front of the transfercase and behind the transmission. It is a manual transmission. Just looking for some ideas of possible causes before I have the time to tear it down. Thank y'all for all your help.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The only thing in the adapter is a seal for the input shaft of the tcase. Have you checked your tcase fluid?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping you would see this. Knowing that you just put in the 241c case. I did not check the fluid. I will when I get home. I just went to thinking my wife is going to kill me and did not think to check the obvious. I am hoping if it is major it is in the t-case so I can upgrade to the 241. How are you liking it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got a chance to look under the truck real good. It turns out it was the emergency brake cable hitting the weight on the driveshaft. Thank y'all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts