Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Which weekend in June will work best for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go... I am throwing a feeler out there for ideas, suggestion, and information on a "Super" meet to cover GMT 355 owners from Ohio to Maryland to Massachusetts.

I will be working with the leaders / organizers for the other chapters to co-ordinate. I am also looking for our members to step in and assist since we will be doing something that has never been done before.

This meet will take place sometime in 2008.... Sometime after spring..

Pennsylvania will more than likely be the state to accommodate our event due to its central location (OH to CT). I am predicting a draw of 40-60 trucks between all the "regulars" to each chapter and newbies we can convince to join us.

Let me hear what you think about this... I need your input/assistance and we will make this happen for 2008.

We have been having conversations on this @ www.nec355.com for a little while now to judge interest from our local chapter. So far, this is who expressed interest:

1. JosueZQ8 (OH)
2. 2004CrewCab (NJ)
3. EricW835 (PA)
4. Boink (CT)
5. Rsquires67 (CT)
6. Canyon04z71 (MA)
7. Supermodulation (NJ)
8. draggin_az (VA)
9. Superman21 (NY)
10. gmkid03 (NJ)
11. coloradotom (NJ)
12. sledwrecked05 (MA)

Sign up, add input, and lets get this puppy rolling! :355: You have the complete dedication from Josue and myself. We are looking for more local leaders to step up and organize on the local level. LETS DO IT! :)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Really looking forward to this Gerry! Hopefully this will take off and we can get one of, if not THE biggest 355 meet ever!

-To everyone who's interested-

Right now we need suggestions on where we could hold this Super Meet. I can tell you that this isn't going to be a one day event, rather a whole weekend! Nobody (including me) is going to drive 5,6,7+ hours to stand around looking at trucks for a few hours. lol Only to turn around and drive home. This is going to take serious commitment. My plan is for me and my girlfriend to take that friday off, drive to the destination, get a hotel, and do whatever:)naughty: ). That way we won't be all bogged down saturday from hours of driving. Same hotel sat. night, and drive back on sunday.

So that being said, we need to come up with a place that has alot to offer as far as activities. Something that can keep us busy for the entire day, or weekend depending on how long some people stay.

I don't see why we can't pull this off. Other sites do meets of this size regularly! Geeds just posted pics from that huge J-Body meet, that Trailblazer/Envoy meet we came across back in May, etc. C'mon people, we can do this!!!

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josue and I are looking to identify "single point of contact" from the other chapters for planning. If you are the one who would like to represent your chapter and willing to put in the extra work needed to plan this, please let Josue or myself know as soon as you can.

We will count on you to organize on the local chapter level, so we can accurately share our planning information and also collect as much information and suggestions from the local chapters level.

:salute:

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
I would be intrested in attending providing a date around late march or early april. We did this with the ranger club i was in. We all met in Centralia , PA for the weekend. it was a blast about 35 trucks showed up too. Yes i drove from FL. :)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Now that's hardcore dedication!! Hopefully most people will have that attitude towards this meet.

I imagine this would be in March-April, maybe May just to ensure halfway decent weather. I think to be on the safe side, we should look for a place that still has something to offer in bad weather. That way this can be a "Rain or Shine" meet. None of that..."Well guys, looks like it's gonna rain this weekend so I'm not gonna make it". haha

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Im down for the idea. But I would like it even more if the meet was at a car show, amusment park or some sort of an event.

1. JosueZQ8 (OH)
2. 2004CrewCab (NJ)
3. EricW835 (PA)
4. Boink (CT)
5. Rsquires67 (CT)
6. Canyon04z71 (MA)
7. Supermodulation (NJ)
8. draggin_az (VA)
9. Superman21 (NY)
10. gmkid03 (NJ)
11. coloradotom (NJ)
12. sledwrecked05 (MA)
13. brewer15650 (PA)
14. handgunner (PA)

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
I may be in depending on location and dates.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome guys! I need to update this thread soon. There has been a lot more interest from the NEC355 also.. I will get the new names up here.

Josue and I will be cranking this up come the new year... This will happen and we hope we can spark the interest of as many people as possible.

We are looking at a full weekend of events. So, a group rate or group purchase on a motel/hotel will be necessary.

If anyone in PA wishes to be on board to help plan the locations, we would appreciate it very much so! :high5:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'm in. :doku2:

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
add my name to the list, i think that once we get more ideas and details on where to have it we should make a flyer up that we could print off and give to any local 355's to let them know about the site and about the meet.I know of quite a few in my area that aren't on this site that i could probably get to show up.keep me posted.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off.. A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Well, well, well.. I just went through and compiled the list of who is interested so far between the NEC355 & 355Nation.......... :355: Almost 30 people so far!!

Interested list:

1. Canyon08z71 (MA)
2. JosueZQ8 (OH)
3. Boink (CT)
4. Rsquires67 (CT)
5. EricW835 (PA)
6. 2004CrewCab (NJ)
7. Supermodulation (NJ)
8. draggin_az (VA)
9. Superman21 (NY)
10. gmkid03 (NJ)
11. coloradotom (NJ)
12. Normscolorado (NY)
13. extremehead (PA)
14. colorado83 (NJ)
15. sledwrecked05 (MA)
16. bigred1969 (NJ)
17. forgotten (MD)
18. dollarman (PA)
19. med (MA)
20. slammed07rado (NJ)
21. brewer15650 (PA)
22. handgunner (PA)
23. jaysontheedge (FL)
24. Jval (OH)
25. coloradoqueen (KY & PA)
26. nvious kreationz (MD)
27. rangerbob (MD)
28. parkerb (NY)

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I guess depending where and when

1. Canyon08z71 (MA)
2. JosueZQ8 (OH)
3. Boink (CT)
4. Rsquires67 (CT)
5. EricW835 (PA)
6. 2004CrewCab (NJ)
7. Supermodulation (NJ)
8. draggin_az (VA)
9. Superman21 (NY)
10. gmkid03 (NJ)
11. coloradotom (NJ)
12. Normscolorado (NY)
13. extremehead (PA)
14. colorado83 (NJ)
15. sledwrecked05 (MA)
16. bigred1969 (NJ)
17. forgotten (MD)
18. dollarman (PA)
19. med (MA)
20. slammed07rado (NJ)
21. brewer15650 (PA)
22. handgunner (PA)
23. jaysontheedge (FL)
24. Jval (OH)
25. coloradoqueen (KY & PA)
26. nvious kreationz (MD)
27. rangerbob (MD)
28. parkerb (NY)
29. CodeRed (OH) depending where and when

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Not yet. Everyone's been busy with the holidays and whatnot. We're gonna get the plan together after the 1st of the year.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.