Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck started running really rough esp. on startup Autozone said it was P0017 code. Its still under the powertrain warranty. Truck is 9/10 with 63,500 miles. I take it in to the dealer they tell me the truck has a cracked exhaust manifold $1400! covered by warranty and a bad crankshaft position sensor NOT covered under warranty just under $200 total to fix that labor included. Anyone else experience this? Why would the sensor not be covered under warranty?
What would cause the manifold to crack? Im an old guy, I bought the truck new and do not drive it hard. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I don't have access to the 2010 Warranty book, but in my 2011 book it says, under "Exclusions": Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator,coolant hoses, coolant and heater core. The "key word" here being sensors. Why would it not be covered under warranty? Because the odds are that a sensor will fail during the warranty period.

A cracked exhaust manifold is common to these trucks. There have been quite a few discussions here about the issue. For more info, try a "Search".

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
This is what I read in my 2009 GM Protection Plan Major Guard Coverage booklet....

"What this agreement does not cover

Unless required in connection with the repair of a covered part, WE will not pay anything under this Agreement for engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, drive belts, radiator hoses, heater and vacuum hoses, windshield wiper blades, air conditioning recharging, fluids, spark/glow plugs and wires, brake pads, manual clutch disc, or any maintenance service or part required to be performed or replaced as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule."

You can call 1-800-631-5590 for warranty assistance.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah they need to cover that sensor.............if not buy the part and do it yourself.

If you remove the drivers front wheel and splash sheild/wheel liner you can access from there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts