Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a short time back but the thread is missing.

I have a 2005 Z85 with a 3.5 I5.

For some reason after the truck has been started and run for only a few seconds, it sometime looses all power and even quits. It only happened a couple time when I first posted this question but now it is back and worse. I made it a mile or so down the road and then I loose all power and there is no throttle response. Most every time I need to shut the engine off to get it to run again. Every time this happens if I just turn the key off and back on again the truck will run fine for a minute or two before doing it again. After restarting a couple to a FEW times it then runs great. Today I had my scanner with me when this happened and I couldn't see anything wrong. No code is ever set either. This is sure frustrating trying to figure it out.

Any ideas. anything that might help

Thank you

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Funny how it's not giving you a code...I'd also have to guess it's fuel-system related and you might have to bite the bullet & taker 'er in for a fuel system service...could be your fuel pump's acting up...good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking maybe fuel pump at this point as well but tonight on the way to work it happened twice. This time I just turned the key off and back on as quickly as possible and the problem goes away for a but or completely. My truck is a standard so the engine just fires right up and work normal.

This sure is a strange thing.

To me it sure seems like it is electrical as I can not for the life of me figure out what turning the key on and right back on would correct other than refiring the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts