Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i purchased a left over new 07 colorado z71 on december 29th. it had spots on the hood and roof from where acid rain ate through the clear coat. I had the dealer repaint them at their cost, it looked good untill now where a bird shit on it and i washed it the next day and there are spots in the clear coat where the shit was. i guess the bird was drinkin some of that acid rain. and on top of that i noticed in front of the rear fender flares there are small rust spots starting to form on the body. now dont get me wrong they are only the size of a sharp pencil tip but none the lessthere is rust forming on the exterior of the body not even on the frame yet. Does anyone have these same problems. I am planning on calling the zone office tomorrow to get this straightened out. i dont want a brand new truck that is already showing signs of rust.

Sorry just kinda pissed off!!

:doku2:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
its not rust. just oxidation and road grime. you should see my tailgate.........need to clay bar mine.

mine is white it shows all!!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
get us pics to clarify

I'm kinda with Doug on this one

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
And you'd like us to do what? :lol:

Seriously though deal with your dealership and if they wont play ball call chevrolet customer service.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
yeah several people have had issues with thin paint

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
Hell I've had thin paint issues on both the Colorado and GTO.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
we used to have a problem with rail dust it looked like small rust spots that cleaned off real easy with a lite polish compound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks. i think ill try it. i just hate the thought of owning a brand new vehicle that already has paint issues. i dont want to imagine what its gonna look like in a couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts