Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here ran a nfamus no bed cut notch? curious as to if it will give me enough clearance. i was thinking of running the airbagit.com notch but they want $100 just to ship me the notch. any input is welcome thanks

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
How low are you trying to go?

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Isn't that notch for the nbs fsc ? The colorados bed sits right on the frame at the point where the notch is but on the nbs Chevys they have a crossmember you trim so you can do a notch like that . If my memory serves me correctly it's been a while sense I worked on a nbs but that's the type of notch I used when I bagged my buddy's 02 fsc on 20s as he did not want to cut the bed

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
The airbagit notch kit is a good choice and fits the colorado nicely. Shipping for me was $40. (They're heavy). My order arrived in a few days.

Order Details:
Code Item Qty Price Total
CSE-CV04XX C-Sections, 4 pieces Frame Notches Chevy Colorado (Pair) Note: Bolton or Weldon, Hardware NOT included. Optional Hardware is $25 1 $129.00 $129.00

Sub Total: $129.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $40.30
Grand Total: $169.30

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I still have a ton of parts lol. I.have a few ppl PMing me about em but you were the first. Were you still ingerested in either or both?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a 4 in drop now and tired of hearing frame slap. I did not think the nfamus notch for certain specs and i dont want to cut my bed is the reason why iam thinking it would be ok to run that particular not. I was already considering running the chassis tech notch until i seen shipping. They want $80 bucks just to ship it to me

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have a 4 in drop now and tired of hearing frame slap. I did not think the nfamus notch for certain specs and i dont want to cut my bed is the reason why iam thinking it would be ok to run that particular not. I was already considering running the chassis tech notch until i seen shipping. They want $80 bucks just to ship it to me
Its best to cut alittle bit of the support for the bed. The frame and or notch is stopping the axel from going up that high. But if the notch is to big without bags or airshocks you have 99% chance of catching the diff or worse the splitter for the brakes on the bed.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have no problem cutting the supports for the bed. i dont want to cut into my bed just for a notch and not have bags. i would like to think i could bag it one day but right now its a far away thing. if i run nafmus it says i wont have to cut past the support. wondering if anyone has run them. is air shocks a must?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts