Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if some of you saw this in another thread, but my CEL came on this past Saturday night. I didn't know if it was cause of the dealer it was at and what they did earlier that day, or if it was just a coincidence(sp?).

Had it checked out today at my work (Buick Dealer) and it wound up being an O2 sensor. But it's only got 68K on it, I thought that was a little early to have one go bad. I get 30% off labor and 10% over cost on parts there so I just had them put it in real quick. Came to like $80.

So in my recently paranoid mind state over the way my truck runs, I can't help but think if it went bad because of me gutting the cat? If it was the sensor in front of the manifold cat that went, then that couldn't have been the reason. But it was the sensor after the 2nd cat that crapped out.

Any thoughts? Or am I just looking into this too much?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i blew both O2 sensors at the same time at 25,000 miles.. fucking sucked.. never got a reason y it happened... i guess it common on our trucks... but i really don't know

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
It's like all other electronic parts - they just take a shit whenever it happens.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So get THIS shit.......

Get out to my truck this morn....yea, CEL is on AGAIN!!??:dawg: What the fuck. So i take it back up there and they're tellin me that it's something in the O2 sensor circuit or some shit like that, and that the problem is "intermittent". It's off now but I guess it may come back on? What kind of shit is this?

Again, I can't help to think that this is caused by me gutting that cat, but I haven't read anyone having this problem. Only when gutting the 2nd cat is that non-fouler needed. EFF!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts