Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a $200 scan tool the other day just so I could have one. Hooked it up to my truck and it won't connect. So I try three other vehicles and it connects immediately on all of them. Then I try two other guys scan tools and they both won't connect to my truck ... What would cause this? Has anyone else had this problem? I know I had emaxxer disable a bunch of codes a while back so I could gut my cat. Help please!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked all the fuses two times just to be sure. And none of the pins are bent so back to ground zero :/

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Long shot...

Does the scan tool say what type of BUS system it reads? I hope I'm asking that correctly? I only ask because the local shop that ran my emissions test was unable to read my truck with his system. Perhaps your scan tool is the same?? I know, long shot and this comment is probably irrelevant.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said, the last time I was able to use my obd 2 plug successfully was when emaxxer. Changed some stuff

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out the brand Innova doesn't support our trucks in any model of scanner that they make . The scanner that oreillys used the other day was an Innova too and wouldn't connect. I finally got my dad's out and it worked just fine. So for all 355 owners on here. You might avoid Innova scanners from oreillys if you're going to buy one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts