Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a 2011 chevy Colorado Monday. Its a LT Crew Cab 4x4.

I've read SEVERAL lift options and drop bracket seems to be the way to go.

My question is which bracket lift actually improves performance.

It will be my daily driver along with weekend camping and mild wheeling.

I plan to use 33 as the absolute max tire size, 32`s most likely.

Rancho seems to be the crowd favorite

And as a noob, I promise to search more than I ask

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Rancho kit has been discontinued if youre looking for a new kit. Skyjacker or tuff country are only kits still available.
I just installed a skyjacker kit last fall. Not a bad kit imo. Installed it in my driveway with mostly hand tools.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I don't have any experience with either the Skyjacker or Tuff Country kits, but looking at the contents you appear to get more for your money with the Tuff Country kit. Maybe somebody who has experience can chime in, I am considering the Tuff Country kit myself....

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I don't have any experience with either the Skyjacker or Tuff Country kits, but looking at the contents you appear to get more for your money with the Tuff Country kit. Maybe somebody who has experience can chime in, I am considering the Tuff Country kit myself....
I still wonder about the ABS sensor location on the Tuff Country kit. The instruction pictures show the hub with the integrated sensor and not the “stand alone” sensor the 09+ received.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I was worried about that with the skyjacker kit too. The directions online only showed the ring sensor installation. Was glad to see the spindles were made for both setups.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Looks like the Skyjacker kit is going for a reduced price as well, with some components on back-order. I may have to pull the trigger on one of these kits a lot sooner than I was planning to, before it is too late. Here is what is in the two kits:

Skyjacker:

Tuff Country:

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I ordered my Skyjacker kit thru Jegs. I made separate orders of the kit to save the most. I ordered the front lift kit with 2 front shocks first. Then I ordered the rear lift spring packs and shocks with powerstop tow brake kit. You can get the separate part #s from Skyjackers website. The front kit from Jegs had to be ordered over the phone. The springs, shocks and brakes were ordered online. I did have to wait like 2 1/2 months to get my order due to Skyjacker being interrupted by Covid and being shut down for 2 weeks. Theo order was sent directly from Skyjacker. Make sure you have all your parts. I was missing a few things but a simple call to Skyjacker the parts came in 2 days.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I just ran across a kit from Badlands Industries that looks identical to the Suspension Maxx 3" lift/leveling kit. Badlands claims that with theirs you can fit 33's. Anyone think that is possible with just some body mount trimming? If that is the case, the Suspension Maxx option would be a much lower cost option than the Skyjacker or Tuff Country, not to mention keeping the center of gravity a little lower. My goal is to fit 33's.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I just ran across a kit from Badlands Industries that looks identical to the Suspension Maxx 3" lift/leveling kit. Badlands claims that with theirs you can fit 33's. Anyone think that is possible with just some body mount trimming? If that is the case, the Suspension Maxx option would be a much lower cost option than the Skyjacker or Tuff Country, not to mention keeping the center of gravity a little lower. My goal is to fit 33's.
I went the Suspension Maxx route and I fit a narrow 33” (255/80r17).

Trim a small amount of front plastic and cut the body mount. Done.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
That's what I was hoping, thanks!
I’m fairly sure I had to trim a little bit of my fender flare at the bottom (rear) bit it wasn’t terribly noticeable. I’ve since removed all that junk so my memory isn’t good enough to recall exactly what I trimmed. It wasn’t too bad.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I’m fairly sure I had to trim a little bit of my fender flare at the bottom (rear) bit it wasn’t terribly noticeable. I’ve since removed all that junk so my memory isn’t good enough to recall exactly what I trimmed. It wasn’t too bad.
If I remember correctly, other than the body mount all the trimming should be plastic....

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
If I remember correctly, other than the body mount all the trimming should be plastic....
I believe you are correct.

I’ve been very pleased with my setup in regards to camping and don’t regret disregarding a traditional suspension lift. Although, I had to tweak a lot of stuff with custom touches to get things dialed in the way I wanted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts