Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I don't have any experience with either the Skyjacker or Tuff Country kits, but looking at the contents you appear to get more for your money with the Tuff Country kit. Maybe somebody who has experience can chime in, I am considering the Tuff Country kit myself....

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Looks like the Skyjacker kit is going for a reduced price as well, with some components on back-order. I may have to pull the trigger on one of these kits a lot sooner than I was planning to, before it is too late. Here is what is in the two kits:

Skyjacker:

Tuff Country:

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I just ran across a kit from Badlands Industries that looks identical to the Suspension Maxx 3" lift/leveling kit. Badlands claims that with theirs you can fit 33's. Anyone think that is possible with just some body mount trimming? If that is the case, the Suspension Maxx option would be a much lower cost option than the Skyjacker or Tuff Country, not to mention keeping the center of gravity a little lower. My goal is to fit 33's.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I went the Suspension Maxx route and I fit a narrow 33” (255/80r17).

Trim a small amount of front plastic and cut the body mount. Done.
That's what I was hoping, thanks!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I’m fairly sure I had to trim a little bit of my fender flare at the bottom (rear) bit it wasn’t terribly noticeable. I’ve since removed all that junk so my memory isn’t good enough to recall exactly what I trimmed. It wasn’t too bad.
If I remember correctly, other than the body mount all the trimming should be plastic....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts