Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whelp...ever since I got the Canyon I have wanted to go off roading (why buy one with the 'off road' package if you don't use it) and I finally went twice this weekend...and it was awesome! May not be the type of off roading some of you guys do, but it was a nice beginning for me.

Living in NJ doesn't give me the best opportunities, but the guy across the street goes with his Jeep Cherokee to a place about 10 minutes away. Since its a huge wetland area there were lots of BIG mud holes, a lot of small hills and some great big dunes. Below are just a few of the photos that my husband was able to take of me driving. I even got to pull the Jeep out when he got stuck (twice)....too bad my husband was busy making sure I didn't get stuck to take those photos!!

So now I have to get a new front license plate holder since it got riped off while blazing a new trail thru reeds pulling out the jeep (stink’n NJ why do we need two plates anyway!), I cracked the black plastic that runs along the front of the truck that holds my fog lights in place, I need a front end alighment and I am sure the list will go on. But the truck handled really well and I had a great time and my husband said as long as I had fun...that's all that matters (we'll see how he feels when the bill comes in from the shop with the totals on what I may have actually damaged) :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
that looks like a blast...I wish I could get my girl to take the avalanche out

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
looks like fun! way to tear it up on the first time out! you will come to find out that pretty much every time you go out something breakes or you are fixing something later down the road because of going mudding, but its still worth the cost!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like fun! way to tear it up on the first time out! you will come to find out that pretty much every time you go out something breakes or you are fixing something later down the road because of going mudding, but its still worth the cost!
Totally true! So I will have to make sure I only make it a once a month or so type outing. I already have a list of new items I would like to get for the truck, like a 4" lift, bull bar w/ skid plate and winch, neoprene seat covers, tires. I figured it would be a good trade off...my husband is going to Vegas for a week with my brother-in-law who just got back from Iraq.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
man i miss the days of wheelin. my truck is too low to take out on anything good (yes its 4wd but its a z85). i go with my buddies and their jeeps all the time and its making me want to go build a jeep just for wheelin so i can leave my truck stock height.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey spihard looks like the offroading was a sucess! wish i had 4WD... maybee could go offroading sometime!
Hey Tom...anytime you want to come down!!! The area is right under the Commadore Barry Bridge (exit 2 of the NJ turnpike or exit 10 of I-295). If you wouldn't want to take your truck..you could tag along with one of us. My neighbors saw us come back this weekend and now a few of them want to go now. I just definately need to get that bull bar w/skid plate for the next time. Those reeds did a number on my lower front bumper cover :roll: but I am sure that is just the beginning for me.

man i miss the days of wheelin. my truck is too low to take out on anything good (yes its 4wd but its a z85). i go with my buddies and their jeeps all the time and its making me want to go build a jeep just for wheelin so i can leave my truck stock height.
Hey LK....the White Mountain area must have tons of places to go. I wish I lived closer. We used to have a log cabin in the Rangley Maine area that had a ton of logging roads that would be awesome to take the truck now. But of course in those days I was still a 'city chick' and drove my restored '79 Camaro. Needless to say I wasn't taking that up there. Too bad now we still don't have that cabin :cry: It would be perfect now.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh im from manchester NH. just found out 2 years ago that im a city boy haha. no lies i didnt realize it. im goin to school at plymouth state so im living in the white mountains. its amazing but im too use to going out and doing other stuff than just chillin in the woods.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
doin donuts in the mud= freakn sweet!!! I wanna do that but my pavement princess stays clean:)

S

·
0 Posts
I don't have 4WD, but I went muddin' today. Pretty deep too, but I didn't go to far in, not wanting to push my luck.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Very nice... As said before, you gotta throw a little mud every now and then, no matter the cost haha.

Wish I could be out throwing some dirt around. Maybe when I get back home. Should be starting the rainy season :tayo:

Nice pics, especially the 2nd from the right!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts