Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

961 - 970 of 970 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Maybe this was already covered, or not...didn't feel like trolling through ~50 pages of Plasti-Dip threads. A caution on which "product" to use, if you have a "Red" 355.

- DON'T use Rust-oleum FlexiDip (Red): FlexiDip Removable Rubber Coating

**IT TURNS "DARK-PINK** (unless you're into Pink) ;)

- USE the official Performix Aerosol (Red): Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Rubber Dip Coating

NOTE: I'm NOT a Performix Sales Rep. or product-brand/placement backer...simply found out the "hard way" on which color matches my truck's paint the closest. Enjoy!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nope.. wasnt really covered. (I've gone though all 97 pages) but good advice. most people haven't posted much about the rustoleum brand.

Thanks for posting up you experiences.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Not a problem @officer woo...not wishing the same out-come on other members hoping to get red vs. dark pink. I re-did the center today and think it came out pretty decent. Will add pics when I pull the rig outside later. Gonna wait for now as it's 98 in the shade and 90% humidity...schweatty.

IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
With Plasti-Dip, you need to do about 4 coats to get the solid even color.

I'm looking into becoming a vendor for DYC (dipyourcar)

I have a buddy in the Vette scene that pretty good with Dip..........we are both thinking about even a business on the side............time will tell. (NOTE: I need a business license and tax ID to get up and going)

·
Registered
330 Posts
If anyone was wondering about durability of plasti dip. Here's some proof. I was wiring back in a sub in my ext cab that I'm selling to a buddy of mine. Had the suicide door open and had him turn the accessories to test the sub. He accidentally turned the key 2 far while it was in gear and the truck jumped forward. The door caught my dipped truck and ripped it backwards. Broke my mirror and scuffed up the dip. An easy coat or 2 over the fender and it will be unnoticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow...I say it passed the "durability" test. :D

961 - 970 of 970 Posts