Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, it's decided. June 27-28th will be our annual West Coast Super Meet (WCSM) here in sunny Sacramento, CA. I will be your host. My name is asshole, I mean... Matt, and I'm going to do my best to put together what I hope will be the meet that all others are judged by in the coming years.

To kick things off, I made a little teaser. A snippet. A taste, if you will, of some cool stuff we did last year; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcLHPc1lbw

Things you should know: I am doing most all of this by myself. My dog may try to look like she is interested in helping, but really, she just wants attention. Don't give it to her. That's how she gets you.

Secondly, I swear to you all that I will do my best to accommodate everyone as best I can and when possible, bring certain decisions to you, the nation, to vote on. Any input that anyone may feel is helpful is always appreciated, especially from organizers of past meets. Everything I am planning will be discussed with other members of the nation who I feel will have everyone's best interests at heart and can keep a dirty little secret if need be. :355group:

I will be updating this thread over the next couple months as more and more things start to come together. Any major announcements will be done both here and on Facebook, but in this thread will be a complete listing of important information. :th_s52:

Vendors: If you are interested in helping support this year's meet, please feel free to contact me at any time. I will pass along all of my contact information so we can stay in touch throughout the coming months. :salute:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:355group: WCSM 2015 :355group:

When: June 27-28

Where: Sacramento, CA

Sponsors: Jay's Hot Rods, Sinsity Kustomz, DK Moulds, Wicked Kreations

Cool stuff: Video being taken all day, Pro photographers on hand, tons of cool stuff to raffle off

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Thanks for stepping up and putting it together Matt.

Hope I can make it again this year

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Don't be afraid to ask for help Matt. Not much I can do from up here in Oregon but I'll do what I can. Maybe when you get the sign up thread going, I can maintain that and keep it up to date for you.

·
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't be afraid to ask for help Matt. Not much I can do from up here in Oregon but I'll do what I can. Maybe when you get the sign up thread going, I can maintain that and keep it up to date for you.
That would be very helpful Jeff. Once I get the host hotel figured out I'll hit you up to start that thread.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't mind making calls/emails to vendors to see if we can get swags, raffle prizes, etc...

Lemmeno

·
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update: Even though I woke he and his wife up on Christmas day with some rough ideas via Facebook, Boyd was nice enough to not cast a plague upon my house and instead made this awesome logo for us for the meet.

So shout out to Boyd for this awesome piece of handy work.

For those that don't know, this is a bridge in Downtown Sacramento that goes over the Sacramento River and is basically the icon of the city. It's nestled right on the edge of Old Sacramento and is painted Gooooooooold... It's also super pretty when lit up at night. The other part is an older version of the Sacramento Kings logo, so sorry to all you GSW or Laker fans, but it worked out really well and personally, I think it's probably the best logo we've ever had for a meet. Not that I'm biased or anything...

I'll look into making this into some shirts for Volunteers and "staff" who are helping out at the meet. As always, I'll keep you guys updated as things progress. I now have a goal to get one thing finished, or started every week until Easter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good, although I'm unsure it will make it on my truck being a Blazer fan. lol

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Update: Even though I woke he and his wife up on Christmas day with some rough ideas via Facebook, Boyd was nice enough to not cast a plague upon my house and instead made this awesome logo for us for the meet.

So shout out to Boyd for this awesome piece of handy work.

For those that don't know, this is a bridge in Downtown Sacramento that goes over the Sacramento River and is basically the icon of the city. It's nestled right on the edge of Old Sacramento and is painted Gooooooooold... It's also super pretty when lit up at night. The other part is an older version of the Sacramento Kings logo, so sorry to all you GSW or Laker fans, but it worked out really well and personally, I think it's probably the best logo we've ever had for a meet. Not that I'm biased or anything...

I'll look into making this into some shirts for Volunteers and "staff" who are helping out at the meet. As always, I'll keep you guys updated as things progress. I now have a goal to get one thing finished, or started every week until Easter.
I thought THIS was the icon of the city..... lol

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Keep up the great work, Matt. I'll do what I can to help. Just holla

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I thought THIS was the icon of the city..... lol

LOL I use to go by that tank everyday on my way home when I lived up there.:th_woot:

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
If anyone has any ideas or thoughts or just whatever, feel free to post them up in here. Some things I've already discussed with Matt through PM's.

·
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: I have found a GREAT host hotel for us. I'm just waiting on some paper work to arrive and we'll be set.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...m2!3m1!1s0x809b29fb8712ff3b:0x2fd2483c96e5978

Holiday Inn Express and Suites

The rate will be $109/night, which is a little more than I wanted you guys to have to spend, but I believe that they are by far the best choice for our particular needs. They are part of a brand new hotel complex that is locally owned and operated. They have plenty of parking and a security patrol for the property. Breakfast is provided, and there are a host of restaurants literally next door including, you guessed it, In-N-Out Burger. There's a Safeway with a gas station right across the street, and a car wash about 200ft down the street. It's the ideal location for you guys to stay.

They are giving us a courtesy hold of 25 rooms (one with wheel chair access) for this price. For those of you who are going to trailer your trucks here, please contact me as we will be working out something just for you guys as far as parking those beasts.

Again, it's a little more than I wanted you guys to spend, and of course you are welcome to look around for something else, but they certainly check all the boxes that I felt were most important to all of us. If the costs are prohibitive, please contact me and I will try and work with you to find something close by. For those of you who are baller as fuk, they do have suites available, but those were not discussed in the pricing.

Now, there is ONE catch to this hotel: The reservations for these rooms MUST be done by June 1st or I cannot guarantee you this price. The hotel staff are really amazing and genuinely want to do their part to help make this a great experience for everyone. I told them that every year the East and West have a friendly competition to see who can throw the best meet, and Samantha's response was, "Well we definitely want you to win this year."

As soon as I get the contract in my hands, I ill post the final info for you guys, but I wanted to pass this along for now until I have more and to help you guys start planning. I've got a few other things in the pipe works right now that I think you all are really going to like, so make sure to check back on this occasionally or better yet, SUBSCRIBE to this thread and get updates right to your email.

Thanks again guys.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Sounds goods. Are the rooms single or double?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone wanna bunk with me? I dont bite... fart just a lil bit. And snore super loud.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts