Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys since no one has seem to have done it yet im going to be the first to try it. So far i've only seen 1 person install 275/40 20s on his lowered Xtreme with minimal rubbage on the flares so I figured what the hell... I went ahead and ordered some 275/45 Sumitomos with 14/32" tread and 480 tread rating. Will they fit..................:naughty: ???

Comparison to an old 15 inch Maxima wheel we had laying around in my shop.

·
Registered
563 Posts
damn thats almost a 30 inch tall tire. good luck man!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I'm kinda considering going with maybe a 255/35/20 for my next set currently running 245/40/20

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Izzy is going for the mall cruiser offroad look. lol

I know you're putting them on right now and have access from work. Post pics!!!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Like I said in your other thread, 275/40/20 would have probably been better.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have 275/45/20 on a z85 with a 2/3 drop. Tires touch sway bar at full turn. They will hit the inner plastic fender part on just the right bumps, which in seattle there is only two sections of the highway that I look out for.
I want to go smaller, you are going larger, should have traded, haha.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys...

They rub in front a little bit on the inner liners at the top of the tire only on hard dips or hard cornering especially my side with my fatass inside. But the rears don't rub at all yet, im going to pack the truck with shit and passengers to get a real test. Im going to see if i can cut out the section where it rubs at work with a die grinder or beat the hell outta the liner like some of you have.

Im sure they'll look better once i armor all them and clean up the wheels. Suppose to rain this weekend so i figured why bother.

Honest opinions? Good or bad i need them, im open to critism. Should I ride em or sell em and get something smaller like 255/35s?

·
Registered
563 Posts
doesnt look as bad as i thought it would. but IMO id say get something smaller.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Need a pic dead on from the side of the truck, but far enough back to see the whole thing to be able to tell better...

I dont think they look bad, you could ride them.. BUT I'd say grab you a set of ZQ8 flares and put those on there, that would help a bit I think...

You could go smaller.. but those dont look bad

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually have my stock ZQ8 flares just haven't gotten around to trimming them down for the Xenon body kit but i kinda liked the way they looked without them but now i might have to put them back on.

I think once i put some tire jizz on there it might look better.

·
Registered
563 Posts
after looking at them again i say ride them

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I still say 275/40/20 would look/ride better and rub less. Those don't look bad, but it's something to think about if the rubbing gets to be too much. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I actually have my stock ZQ8 flares just haven't gotten around to trimming them down for the Xenon body kit but i kinda liked the way they looked without them but now i might have to put them back on.

I think once i put some tire jizz on there it might look better.
get them on ;) you'll like it much better once they are back on

1 - 20 of 27 Posts