Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has put one on there truck ? does it help ?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Why not make a v8 catch can and breather filter thread? Yeah I can search hundreds of posts to find it, but what a pain in the ass while browsing on my phone.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
You are in a v8 catch can thread, right here. I just provided him with the only information I know of on the forum. If you don't want to look through it, too bad or search it later on a computer.

I will admit that I didn't realize his thread was originally in the v8 section when I posted but what I posted still has a lot of relevant information.

·
Members Technical Staff
2,499 Posts
Yea I think a oil catch can may be needed. When I removed the air filter (Volant CAI - PowerCore dry filter) last month the bottom half of it was as if it was an oiled filter. I'll need to verify but I'm pretty certain that the shape of the Volant intake will cause any accumulated oil to run back down the intake to the filter.

By no means am I an engine expert, but does this sound about right?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I just put one on my truck last weekend. I checked it after about 500 miles just to see if I was even getting a film. I was shocked to see a decent pool of oil in the bottom. I got the W1 can from eBay for $80 shipped. I added some stainless steel wool to the inside of the discharge screen to help condense the oil. I like it because the reservoir twists off (no need to try and catch falling oil as you do with a drain plug) and it has a dipstick for easy level check.

Highly recommended you add one. It's an easy project.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where the hell is the PCV valve on a 5.3 ? there's nothing in the drivers side valve cover
just a plain plastic line clipped on coming out and nothing on the other end going into
the top of the intake.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
There isn't any PCV valve on the 5.3. There is a measured orifice in the left valve cover that controls air flow. The tube attached to the aft end of the valve cover should connect to the intake near the center point.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's it exactly, weird setup.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just read that thread, holy shit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts