Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sounds like you need a narrow band type oil filter wrench after using a half box of tissues.
If you are a plumber and can swap out a toilet, replace a faucet, and replace a hot water heater but can't get an oil filter off, just go ahead and use the whole box of tissues and find someone to do the oil and filter change for you.
Stay out of this conversation mufr, didn't ask you and don't care what you think, Can see what you think of yourself, "Grandpoohbah" Hahahahahahaha idiot

·
Registered
95 Posts
Coco
Instructions for changing your oil filter a simple
=Turn the filter Left to loosen it & turn it Right to tighten it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Coco
Instructions for changing your oil filter a simple
=Turn the filter Left to loosen it & turn it Right to tighten it.
Another big shot, cop huh? Skydiver? Wow what a hero, make sure you advertise it too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For peace of mind, just go somewhere and have them change your oil and filter for you.
Besides, removing the drain plug is probably too complicated for you as well.
tissues.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
For peace of mind, just go somewhere and have them change your oil and filter for you.
View attachment 342477 View attachment 342477
You and skydive probably take bubble baths together and tell each other how irritating it is to answer questions no one asked of you, I just changed it had to take off the bash plate,other than that not bad. But you two smug ashols I could never figure out people like you that butt into a conversation then act like it is a bother, didn't ask you and don't want your oppinion
View attachment 342477 View attachment 342477

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an oversized snap on channel lock type pliers that I can reach up at an angle to grab the bottom of the filter to remove. My truck is a 4x4 as well. Heed Dragons advice, the plastic cup on the frame won't catch much so his bag trick is a good one. Or you could remove the 4 bolts on the skid plate to gain access. It would be a good time to clean all the the crud that accumulates on the inside of the skid plate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just use a band wrench with a swivel. There's literally a million videos on YouTube showing how to do this. Not sure what all the cussing and insults are for on this thread. Here's a video link for the exact same vehicle as yours (07 4wd 3.7) that shows a wrench that will work:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts