Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2006 Colorado with the 2.8 in it. I run Syntec 5w30 and change the oil very regular... however that has only been twice. There is only 11,500 miles on the truck and for some reason I am losing oil somewhere and I can't find where it is going. I run the truck hard on occasion, but most of the time I just shift at 3 or 35. I got in the truck this morning and everything drove fine and I didn't notice any valve chattering at all. I got back to the dorms after lunch and decided to clean the motor up a bit. While doing this I checked the oil and I was a quart and a half low. I raced the truck friday night and checked the oil right after and things were fine. The truck doesn't smoke any and there aren't any puddles under the truck. So where in the hell is the oil going?

Also has anyone else had problems with bosch plat 4s? I'm running them in my truck now and they don't run as good as the stock plugs. I'm kinda feeling some ngk irids. if I can find them.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Mine spits out a nice cloud of oil when I wind it out before shifting.

*edit* The Bosch plugs suck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell yah, I have 40k on my 2.8 and don't use a drop of oil still (0w40)

:ugh: I've never had a problem with my Bosch plugs.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm not getting oil loss but I am getting a little smoke right as I start (but never after) pretty sure it's condensation since the temps have been ranging oddly around here lately.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Low another half quart... Fuck it, I'll run it until the 4 banger blows then drop the LT1 out of the Chevelle in it. Then maybe the truck will be kinda quick... maybe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts